Bezzera BZ99 availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera BZ99 availability

Is the BZ99 still made? I see them on the sponsors web sites and thought they were superceded. Are these old stock machines? they seem to be good value but I am not aware of how they perform. How would you think they perform along side the new Breville DB?

Re: Bezzera BZ99 availability

Originally posted by 7E656473673B0A0 link=1309063872/0#0 date=1309063872
    Is the BZ99 still made? I see them on the sponsors web sites and thought they were superseded. Are these old stock machines? they seem to be good value but I am not aware of how they perform. How would you think they perform along side the new Breville DB?
    Gday Tony
    The Bezzera BZ99 , BZ35, BZ40 are all still being made
    They are a small commercial machine that just keep on going

I have a BZ40 myself
    KK

Comment

I dont think the BZ-99 is being manufactured any longer, so I guess existing stocks are coming from what ever remains in warehouses around the world...

The BZ-99 and the BZ-02 are close to identical under the bonnet though so parts should never be an issue...

Current listing of Bezzera machines.... http://www.bezzera.it/prodotti.php?l...ge=gamma&id=10

Mal.

Comment

Hey Kosmo,

Do you know if the fully reticulating steam arm can be fitted to the bz99?

Comment

I like the look of this machine. It may be what I need for the couple of espressos and a couple of flat whites a day. I dont have a lot of money to spend and the more I look the more I keep getting confused as to which machine to get. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 1F3D2A3B352E234F0 link=1309063872/3#3 date=1309173357
            Hey Kosmo,

Do you know if the fully reticulating steam arm can be fitted to the bz99?

I suggest that you contact the importer and sponsor Barazi
            There was a kit at one time

Originally posted by 3B202136227E4F0 link=1309063872/4#4 date=1309174409
            I like the look of this machine. It may be what I need for the couple of espressos and a couple of flat whites a day. I dont have a lot of money to spend and the more I look the more I keep getting confused as to which machine to get. :-/

In appearance these machines are more an industrial look however they keep on keeping on and are very reliable

KK

Comment

I first got introduced to this machine after our Sunbeam 6910s thermoblock stuffed at work. A colleague kindly brought his in for a few weeks. It was surely an eye opener how much of a step up this machine is, particularly its steaming prowess.

There is no HX better machine at this price point. There is a really good second hand one going in the hardware for sale, and dibartoli currently have them for <1800. The only downside is the group head is proprietry.

I live in Perth and found a Vibiemme, otherwise this would have been the machine, and I dither for ever before buying.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the info Kosmo.

Comment

Originally posted by 3E23323F3F32373A530 link=1309063872/6#6 date=1309183526
                  The only downside is the group head is proprietry.
                  I dont understand how this can be a downside.... :-?

The Group Handle is the standard commercial size and allows the use of 58mm Filter Baskets. The Group on Bezzera machines has well and truly stood the test of time as a great performer....

Most manufactures use their own propriety designs, why wouldnt they? The E-61 Group favoured by home users (because it is big and shiny and more or less fool-proof for new newbies to come to grips with) is a good enough design in its own right but there are many out there that perform equally as well and probably better....

Im afraid I just dont understand your reasoning :-/

Mal.

Comment

my 5 cents worth

i would get a Bezzera BZ99 , BZ35, BZ40 but not the BZ-02.

i bought a bz-02 for my brother in law and find the plastic outer case and plastic drip tray a downside.

if when locking in the ghandle you grab the side or drip tray it has a "flex" kind of feel.

i dont reckon the others have that "issue"  as the extra steel and SS add weight and strenght.

that said it is a great machine and makes great coffee and is the same internally as its brothers (mostly)
                    and i reckon Bezzeras are top machines

Comment

Originally posted by 2538292424292C21480 link=1309063872/6#6 date=1309183526
                      There is no HX better machine at this price point. There is a really good second hand one going in the hardware for sale, and dibartoli currently have them for <1800. The only downside is the group head is proprietry.
                      The Bezzera style commercial head is used by all other manufacturers
                      It just differs to the E61 type

KK

Comment

As a side note to availability
                        I just rang Barazi out of curiosity and they said that the BZ99 and the Livia 90 in the USA is the same machine 

They are still being made for Barazi as the BZ99 with Australian specs

KK

Comment

The BZ99 still available, we have 2 in stock as well we have it in our bench for a demonstration.

This machine is mostly produce for the Australian market this why you will not see it in Bezzera Italy website.

Incas if you want one enclose link:
                          http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product/Bezzera_BZ99S_P__Black_Tank

Regards

Renzo
                          Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Originally posted by 0D20160B283B3D262520490 link=1309063872/12#12 date=1309245456
                            This machine is mostly produce for the Australian market this why you will not see it in Bezzera Italy website.
                            Well, isnt that weird.... :-?

Good to know Renzo.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Im looking at upgrading from the Sunbeam 6910 to the BZ99. Does anyone know somewhere in Melbourne that has them out for demo?

Comment

Working...
                              X