Volumetric Bezzera BZ07 DE Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volumetric Bezzera BZ07 DE Update

Well the machine got traded today at another retailer as I couldnt bare the thought of jetblack making anymore money from me. Very disappointed by the terrible after sales lack of service from charley at jetblack espresso who as the owner couldnt even pull 4 shots of the same volume, he still indicated that my inconsistency was to blame. I couldnt believe it.

Re: Volumetric Bezzera BZ07 DE Update

I reckon Id have trouble pulling 4 consistent shots on severe post HOST jetlag as well Marty. Hes just off a plane.

Comment

I Asked him how he was doing and he said his all good now cause he made himself stay up for a day and a half. Whats with the you are you guys mates or something?
      Im just being very truthfull and honest.
      Customer service at jetblack is crap no call back for a week. Why dont you go to bezzera Aus and look at the schematics and tell me how it is possible to pull a consistent volume with the flow meter measuring total volume going into the machine not what ends up in the cup.
      I have spoken to a couple of service agents and they all agree with my theory.

Comment

Oh and then go to jetblack website and read the first 3 lines of the description

Comment

And also ask charley if he did or didnt agree with me on the flow meter and guess what he did!

Comment

Marty- Im puzzled as to how you think a rant here will improve things? :-?

The gentlemanly (and appropriate) thing to to is to take up your grievances directly with the vendor and off forum.

Whatever happened to etiquette #101? :

Comment

Look Im sorry but what are Internet forums about then if not to talk about experiences and to get advice. I did not break any rules

Comment

I agree that its by no means impossible to behave badly without breaking rules. :

Comment

Im not going to improve anything not my intention at all.
                  Im not behaving badly either.
                  Im stating facts and truth for everyone to see I have achieved that.
                  Im not ranting either Im trying to have a discussion and you dont like it so Im the bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by 54584B4D400E0F390 link=1320467172/8#8 date=1320475302
                    Im not ranting either Im trying to have a discussion and you dont like it so Im the bad one.
                    Sure sounds like a rant to me,
                    and just curious, what part of this is meant to be a discussion?

Comment

Fine its a rant happy!!. So Im wrong to be passionate about coffee????

dis·cus·sion
                      [dih-skuhsh-uhn]
                      - noun 1. act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate

Comment

Originally posted by 525E4D4B4608093F0 link=1320467172/10#10 date=1320483827
                        So Im wrong to be passionate about coffee????
                        No Marty, youre right to be passionate about coffee. Its why were all here.

If you expected a volumetric machine to be a golden goose- aiding in consistency or in the pursuit of excellence in the cup, then you were not wrong, merely misinformed or inadequately researched.

If you were not prepared to address the issues of concern face to face, then yes, you were wrong and in fact some would view this public outburst as cowardice.

Bottom line is that you sold a Bezzera and you purchased another Bezzera. In the hands of a skilled operator, its unlikely that you would pick any difference whatsoever on a blind tasting.

Hopefully this machine will make you happy lest another supplier cop the rough end of your pineapple.

Comment

Originally posted by 363A292F226C6D5B0 link=1320467172/2#2 date=1320472357
                          tell me how it is possible to pull a consistent volume with the flow meter measuring total volume going into the machine not what ends up in the cup.
                          Thats how flow meters work on all machines. They measure the volume of water that passes through, which is the combined total of the volume ending up in the cup, the amount of water left in the puck and the amount that escapes through the 3 way valve exhaust.
                          The main reason the dose in the cup can vary in volume is user technique (varying grind or ground volume) but more often its because the user uses the wrong basket. Stick a double basket in the machine and press the single shot button and more water will stay in the puck, leaving less in the cup.

Comment

I did go into the shop and spoke and charle tested the machine in front of me not a coward at all mate I simply got no love from the team at jetblack.
                            Look if you walked in for a new machine at $2700 and baught it with being told it was all good then none of this is my fault i was stupid to trust a profesional funny ha!!
                            As you said misinformed and what can I say I also read about it and what was written on their website what else does a customer do??
                            As for another bezzera I had a very pleasing talk with the importer in QLD and they said you can trade it in on another bezzera with the bezzera 50% trade in within 5 years they offer so thats what I did. No more volumetric for me cause it is simply flawed.
                            The retailer where I got the gea today was wonderfully helpfull and completely understood.
                            I am only speaking the truth and wanted to give everyone an update.
                            Go and buy something that is not what its described and see if you are happy.

Comment

Hi Morgangt
                              Well the thing is the opv actually opens and lets the water back into the tank thats why the cup is getting less volume.
                              If the flow meter was after the opv then the correct programmed volume would be reached regardless of tamp or grind.

Comment

Working...
                              X