Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fully Mod my Gaggia Classic or Whats the best machine that meets my criteria <$2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully Mod my Gaggia Classic or Whats the best machine that meets my criteria <$2000

I have been planning on modding my Gaggia Classic with a full PID Kit (preinfusion, brew temp and steam temp regulation)

As well as getting a pressure gauge to make sure the BAR is set perfectly. I have OPV modded it, installed a new Silvia wand and it works pretty good.

Im going to be buying a Rocky Doser Compak K3 Push too

Im at that point where Im about to drop around $300 more on this $400 machine to mod it.. is it really worth it or should I just throw down the extra cash and buy a new machine? Can I get anything that will really blow a fully modded Gaggia Classic with PID and all the mods possible?

I am willing to spend in the range of $1000. I just dont want to spend the money unless its really worth it. If its not, I would rather just save up and buy a really nice machine down the road. In other words, Ill mod the Gaggia for the time being if I can find something great in my price range.

At what level can you get a home espresso machine that is solid all around: Temperature stability, micro foam, perfect BAR, consistant shots etc.

Let me know what you guys think.. we are starting to get obsessed with pouring the perfect shot...  ;D

EDIT: Willing to spend up to $2000 or whatever it takes to meet the criteria I listed below

Re: Fully Mod my Gaggia Classic or Buy a New Machine All Together

A Scaced Diadema Perfetta or VBM Domobar Piccolo will take you to the next level and is a deadly shot machine. You still have a delay for milk and if you want to avoid that, you need to look at dual boiler or HX. Ultimately, it comes down to your requirements.

I dont personally believe that a high $$$ PID is a particularly good investment on a relatively inexpensive machine as the spend will be pretty much lost upon resale.

Perhaps look at a Compak K3 Push over a Rocky. Its a superior and quicker grinder for a similar price.

Comment

Re: Fully Mod my Gaggia Classic or Buy a New Machine All Together

Thanks for the recommendations, Ill look into those machines

After a bit more research Ive stumbled upon the new
      Breville BES900XL and it looks like it offers absolutely everything I am looking for. I know there has been some complaints about the OPV being too high on some but with that aside, is it worth it - how does it compare to the Scaced Diadema Perfetta or VBM Domobar Piccolo? Or the Expobar Brewtus IV, which seems to have it all too.

I dont mind a delay in steaming milk - I just want to be able to pull a perfect shot of espresso with perfectly steamed milk. Can I get this under $2000? I dont want to keep upgrading. Id rather just get a really nice machine that will last. Just not sure if I have to spend $6500 for a La Marzocco GS/3 to get perfection..

So Im looking for:

- An exceptional machine under $2000
      - Perfect espresso
      - Perfect steamed milk
      - Delay in steaming milk is not a problem
      - Minimal use, 2-4 shots per day
      - Use with VST baskets and a bottomless portafilter

If what I am asking is not possible under $2000 let me what is

I am in the USA.

Comment

Re: Fully Mod my Gaggia Classic or Whats the best machine that meets my criteria &lt;$2000

If i were you id get the expobar minore IV (brewtus IV the states, should be sub 2000 over there?)

Comment

Working...
        X