Boema single group gasket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boema single group gasket replacement

Morning all, Im a newby to this excellent site and hope someone can offer me some advice on replacing the rubber gasket that prevents the group head from leaking. I have a replacement gasket but am unsure of how to remove the old one. I have owned the unit from new. Its a single group semi auto model.. Thanks in anticipation

Re: Boema single group gasket replacement

be interested to learn this too as i have to do same job :-[

Comment

Re: Boema single group gasket replacement

If it is a saturated group head like a silvia then it is a matter of finding something pointy stabbing the old group seal and prying it out.

If the seal is very old e.g. hard then it may break-up on removal.

Comment

blaggon, I was searching for "Boema group seal" and came across this. How did you go with removing the seal? Was it a case of stabbing it like what chrislng said? I think I need to do mine too. Tried carefully levering it out with a small screwdriver but didn't want to scratch anything up so didn't make too much of an attempt. Cheers.

Comment

Just get an angled pointy object, stab it in, twist it in to get a grip on it then pull the gasket out. Alternatively, find 2 small, self tapping screws and screw one into either side of the gasket. Then simply use pliers to grab onto the screws and pull the gasket out.
          Has to be a pretty serious case to use either of these methods really, a bit of gentle leverage and patience is enough for even the worst gaskets. Replaced the gasket on my 1977 Europiccola, pretty much broke into pieces as soon as I applied pressure to it haha.

Comment

Thanks. Ended up using a small awl to stab it and 'lever' it out. FWIW, I noticed there wasn't a spacer above the seal but replaced the seal without it in any case. Next time, will try it with a spacer for a more snug fit of the portafilter.

Comment

Working...
            X