ECM Giotto Pressure Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Giotto Pressure Adjustment

Hi my Giotto is a few years old now and has been serviced once now, this morning I turned her on and the front pressure dial is showing pressure levels 1.5 to 2
    I would like to adjust this myself as I would love to get her humming again

Re: ECM Giotto Pressure Adjustment

Thatts high. Before adjusting when was the last time you descaled?

Comment

There will be a reason for this and a simple adjustment is not the answer. You need to have the machine checked by a technician.

Comment

I was also going to say, whenever Ive had pressure "dial" issues with my Giotto, it tuned out to be scale problems, usually showing low pressure. A service including a descale was the resolution, although one time it required a new gauge. However they were not sudden occurrences as you have described, more like gradual degradation.

More recently I have taken to doing my own interim descales to delay re-occurrences.

However suggestions by those with better technical knowledge should be heeded.

GrahamK

Comment

I did a descale three weeks ago, it took a while to flush through.....used it every day for 2 weeks fine.....then left it sitting for 4 days (have been away) turned it on and the gauge hovers around 2, it did drop to 1.5 yesterday but today back at 2 ish

Comment

There could be a problem with your pressure stat, or maybe the infamous ECM electronics could be playing up? Dont know if that would affect the pressure though...
            Yeah get it checked by a tech I reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by 767D71796F6C7E797D6F7079651C0 link=1334445962/5#5 date=1334494065
              There could be a problem with your pressure stat, or maybe the infamous ECM electronics could be playing up? Dont know if that would affect the pressure though...
              Yeah get it checked by a tech I reckon!
              Unlikely to be the electronics as the pressurestat is merely acting as a pressure sensitive switch and the fault lies here.

The machine should however be rewired if its a GP and hasnt been done. This may well save a control board replacement sometime in the future. These are jobs for a technician.

Comment

Thanks all, dropped her in for a service today....will let you know outcome

Comment

OK, just got her back.....it was gummed up with the descale product I used....apparently turned to green jelly and got in all the pipes, cost me $100 to clean it out, I dont plan to ever descale my machine ever again
                  Product used
                  Clean Machine Premium Expresso Machine Cleaner $20
                  after following the instructions I ran 5 tanks of clean water though it to flush but it seems that it still got into all pipes and stayed there.....techs advise keep away from descale products for this type of machine, just bring her in every 2 years or so for a service....good advise if you ask me

Comment

sounds like you used group head cleaner instead of descaler

Comment

Clean Machine Premium Expresso Machine Cleaner is a back flushing preparation, not for descaling.
                      This is a case of the user using an incorrect product.
                      The quote below from Bombora, http://clean-machine.com.au/Espresso-Machine-Cleaning-Powder-500gram-Clean-Machine.html
                      "Clean Machine Premium Espresso Machine Powder has been developed for use with commercial & domestic espresso machines in the routine maintenance of back flushing and the removal of coffee oil residue and scum on group heads, valves, lines and associated parts."

Comment

No, I used the right product.....I just quoted the wrong one online
                        the stuff I used to descale was
                        the same brand (I think) I have attached a photo of the bottle (clearly green descale product) it left a green residue in the internal hoses and blocked the gauges act

sorry for quoting the incorrect bottle, really annoying
                        :-X

Comment

actually here is a link
                          http://clean-machine.com.au/Triple-Action-Domestic-Descale-Liquid-250ml-Clean-Machine.html

the coffee place i bought it from recommended it, now looking at the website it looks to me it is for automatics
                          maybe I am wrong but it is going in the bin
                          The Tech told me this is common for people to descale and clog up their semi commercial machines

Comment

Originally posted by 6062626472727768756E010 link=1334445962/11#11 date=1335004652
                            No, I used the right product.....I just quoted the wrong one online
                            the stuff I used to descale was
                            the same brand (I think) I have attached a photo of the bottle (clearly green descale product) it left a green residue in the internal hoses and blocked the gauges act

sorry for quoting the incorrect bottle, really annoying
                            :-X
                            Fair enough, we all make mistakes.
                            I use Cafetto Restore in my machine regularly without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 3D3F3F392F2F2A3528335C0 link=1334445962/8#8 date=1334976760
                              after following the instructions I ran 5 tanks of clean water though it to flush but it seems that it still got into all pipes and stayed there.....
                              well I learned something new today

out of curiosity, how did you flush 5L through it? by running the pump through the group for that long, or something else?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X