Ascaso Steel and Ascaso Trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascaso Steel and Ascaso Trio

I have seen these machines selling at very cheap prices in Phuket...less than $2,000 for a 2 group machine. Not much information or reviews to be had online. The info I have seen on the Steel is that it has 3 boilers. A friend has asked my advice about buying one for his business and I have had to confess that I have no idea why so cheap.

Any one have experience or opinions regarding these machines?

Re: Ascaso Steel and Ascaso Trio

A friend has asked my advice about buying one for his business and I have had to confess that I have no idea why so cheap.
    Not to use as a " commercial " coffee machine i hope !
    These machines are simply assembled from multiple single Ascaso boiler/group units. Each one is 330 ml, same as used on all the Ascaso domestic machines.
    The 2 group with separate steam boiler uses a separate thermoblock steam boiler so continuous steam is available.
    These are neat , compact , solidly built domestic machines, but not designed for continuous operation .
    A good friend has the 2 group machine and has had several failures over the years ( currently dead again !)
    I would not pay $2000 for one, and would never consider it for a situation where it needed to function continuously..

Comment

Re: Ascaso Steel and Ascaso Trio

Thanks for that...I suspected that this would be the case but I didnt want to make that judgement without hearing from someone who new more about it. He was considering it for a very small commercial operation after I had suggested to him a sturdy commercial one group machine.

Comment

why would anyone use a domestic machine in a commercial environment? Ascaso makes commercial machines too - Bar and Barista lines.

I know a guy who runs a commercial food equipment business and for some things, he thinks a disposable very cheap replaceable domestic appliance could be better value than a very expensive commercial appliance, which will still break down sometimes.

Comment

Working...
        X