Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giotto Premium – Shower Plate falls off

Hi All

I bought a new Giotto Premium last December (Thanks Coffe-a-roma) and it hasnt skipped a beat since.

Recently the shower plate just dropped off the group head overnight and keeps doing so intermittently. I can get it to hold up when making coffee but have noticed it still wants to fall off.

Is there any advice or solution to fix it more securely? I dont want to apply too much pressure for fear of damaging something.

Also, conversely, there was some coffee build up on there which was an opportune time to clean it off - whats the best way to remove the shower plate - and how often do others remove theirs for cleaning?

Many thanks in advance...

Re: Giotto Premium – Shower Plate falls off

Hello pbags,

Just fit a new group seal. Most sponsors have them in stock.

Comment

^ what he said

if its falling off its good signs you are well in need of a new group seal

Comment

Agree about seal probably needs replacing (cost about $5). Get a spare when you get one.

I take mine off about once every two weeks and clean inside etc. It is quite easy to remove by using a teaspoon upside down, placed in the gaps where the lugs on the portafilter go in to the group head and with the tip of the spoon engaging the ring around the shower screen (the little ridge down near the screen), and gently levering (alternating from side to side). About twice from each side seems to work well.
        Noel

Comment

Originally posted by 0E2224332A26430 link=1341102657/3#3 date=1341185711
          Agree about seal probably needs replacing (cost about $5). Get a spare when you get one.

I take mine off about once every two weeks and clean inside etc. It is quite easy to remove by using a teaspoon upside down, placed in the gaps where the lugs on the portafilter go in to the group head and with the tip of the spoon engaging the ring around the shower screen (the little ridge down near the screen), and gently levering (alternating from side to side). About twice from each side seems to work well.
          Noel
          Awesome - thanks for the replies - will order a couple today.

Comment

Just have to comment what a professional setup Coffee Parts are - website easy to use, ordered online in Melbourne in the afternoon and parcel arrived the next day - very happy. ;D

Comment

Working...
            X