Leaking Domus Galatea steam wand tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Domus Galatea steam wand tip

I have a leaking steam wand tip on my Domus Galatea. I have just replaced the o ring twice, being careful not to over or under tighten. Both times I couldnt get rid of the leak, I left it at the point where it leaked the least (hoping it would go away ) , but it just got worse.

Its only 7 months old and I had no probs until about a month ago after unscrewing the tip off to make sure it was clean and finding the o ring was broken. I did it back up and it leaked. Then Ive tried to replace the o ring twice (as per above) and failed.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there a knack Im clearly missing ?

Any help gratefully accepted.

Note, this is not a leaking valve, it only leaks at the tip when steaming. Thanks.

Re: Leaking Domus Galatea steam wand tip

Originally posted by 6D4A5B485B4D51505C5B5F504D3E0 link=1341623959/0#0 date=1341623959
    I have a leaking steam wand tip on my Domus Galatea. I have just replaced the o ring twice, being careful not to over or under tighten. Both times I couldnt get rid of the leak, I left it at the point where it leaked the least (hoping it would go away ) , but it just got worse.

Its only 7 months old and I had no probs until about a month ago after unscrewing the tip off to make sure it was clean and finding the o ring was broken. I did it back up and it leaked. Then Ive tried to replace the o ring twice (as per above) and failed.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Note, this is not a leaking valve, it only leaks at the tip when steaming. Thanks.
    In the absence of an O ring
    Just use a few turns of tread tape
    You can also twist the thread tape to make an O ring type seal

KK

Comment

A touch of food grade high temp grease/lubricant will help prevent the o ring on installation from damage.
      Cafelazio.

Comment

Zombie thread

Given that the OP posted 5 years ago, I'd think there's a fair chance he might be sorted.

Comment

That's true!

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
            This is magic for leak sealing
            I'm not a fan...It represents an easy pathway to blood and/or profanity for techs. In general, I classify it as the lazy fix and would most likely look for the cause and try to solve it in possible in preference to applying a bandaid.
            Last edited by 2muchcoffeeman; 25 February 2017, 09:41 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Any 'goop' regardless of whether it sets hard or is food grade etc etc is not appropriate to use where there is a sealing face and gasket/ o ring, except as a last resort. If it's leaking past the seal, there's a reason for it, best to find the reason. FWIW I am a fan of loxeal used appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman View Post
                Zombie thread

Given that the OP posted 5 years ago, I'd think there's a fair chance he might be sorted.

You never know who is reading. CL.

Comment

Working...
                X