No announcement yet.

Diadema Junior Plus leaking valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You weren't unreasonable, you just asked for some guidance. Instead you got told how to suck eggs. Best of luck with it, Tim.

Comment

Hi all,

I'd just like to wrap this up. Firstly, thanks to all for your contributions.

I spoke to a technician at Cosmorex this morning and discussed the whole matter. Basically he told me the following:

1. My machine has a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects and equipment failure. Therefore it is out of warranty.
      2. The leakage fault I reported is most likely to be the result of scale or some other object causing the valve to not close properly, since the solenoid itself is working. Therefore regardless of the warranty status this fault would not be covered as a warranty matter.
      3. Since it is out of warranty I can make my own arrangements to fix it. This could include dismantling and cleaning the valve myself, replacing the solenoid myself, or taking it to a repairer of my choice and paying for the work to be done.

This is basically the information I was seeking from the outset. It is likely that the person I originally spoke to misunderstood the question I was trying to ask - which was simply, that I needed to know the warranty status of the machine (not whether the warranty would cover the fault) so that I could decide the best action to take from there.

Once again thank you all for your contributions and support.

Cheers

Tim

Originally posted by Fresh_Coffee View Post
      Having returned this afternoon from a trip that thankfully, involved no computers or internet connections, I was surprised to see all of these goings on here.

And I think they’ve gone far enough.......

To Bosco, Barry and others that have tried to keep the discussion sane. You are beacons of light in an apparent sea of internet darkness and despair.

To Tim. I would like to thank you for keeping it real in the face of the stir up and trumped up indignation from others who seem to like to comment on rights and warrantable obligations and other irrelevancies (in the context of this topic) from the safety of their keyboards. Apparently their keyboards are somehow in the know about information that qualifies them to comment. That would be magic, because even I don’t know what the situation is, until I talk to my people.

In the meantime as far as I can see, the "problem" should be very simple and will be sorted for you tomorrow early am. Please accept my apologies for not having someone in our system come back to you on Monday as should have been done.

I think some of you others need to take a chill pill.

Not hiding behind an anonymous meaningless internet name,
      Attilio
      very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Looks like a happy(ish) ending.

You still have a leak though so I would suggest fixing the cause not just the symptom might be worthwhile. Assuming this was caused by scale then a full descale (as mentioned above) might be the best way forward and maybe a better water filtration suppy to help stop it in the future.

Look forward to hearing how you go.

Comment

Well, I hate to extend this by asking another couple of questions, but here goes.

1. The standard descaling procedure seems to only deal with the group head and not with the hot water circuit. Where can I find instructions to do a "full descale"?

2. I have used ordinary tap water, because the water in my area is soft and good quality. There is a filter in the water reservoir but there are no instructions about renewing or replacing this filter. I assume the filter contents should be replaced or recharged in some way, are there any suggestions? The filter contains some white and blue granules, in fact it looks a bit like washing powder

Thanks

Tim

Comment

That'll be an anti-calc filter, ISTR they should be replaced about every 6-months, you can get suitable replacements from most parts suppliers (probably also Bombora stockists).

Chris's procedure for descaling HX's in (stickied in the pointy end forum) covers descaling the group and wands.

Comment

Where can I find instructions to do a "full descale"?
              http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...-properly.html

Comment

Originally posted by jbrewster View Post
                That'll be an anti-calc filter, ISTR they should be replaced about every 6-months, you can get suitable replacements from most parts suppliers (probably also Bombora stockists).
                Try here: Bombora Coffee & Water Supplies :: WATER FILTRATION :: COFFEE & ICE FILTERS :: Coffee Machine Replacement Water Filter, In-Tank, Resin

Comment

Originally posted by tshirley View Post
                  W

...There is a filter in the water reservoir but there are no instructions about renewing or replacing this filter. I assume the filter contents should be replaced or recharged in some way, are there any suggestions? The filter contains some white and blue granules, in fact it looks a bit like washing powder
                  might be best to check with Cosmorex to be sure of the type of filter supplied. Mine is similar, but the granules are all the same colour (maybe different type). I refresh it every month or so by immersing it in salty water for a while, then thoroughly rinsing with clean water (I bought a spare one so that I can refresh one of them and still use my machine). I received photocopied instructions to this effect when I purchased the machine.
                  Last edited by Barry O'Speedwagon; 23 August 2012, 02:52 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Wrt the in tank / in line rechargeable water filter / softener, from memory there is a basic instruction on the last page of the english language section of the manufacturer owner booklet. I would however replace it annually, as they can get quite crudded up and scummy from the simple particle filtration action of the filter.

If you dont have the extra leaflet that Barry is referring to, I will be happy to scan and email one to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X