Spend a couple of K for me.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spend a couple of K for me.........

OK, here's the situation. In payment of some work done a friend said he would prefer a coffee machine than $. Budget is pretty flexible but I'm thinking $2000-3000. He has a grinder already so don't need to factor that in.
    What I'd like to get him is something new (not second hand), dual boiler, fully plumbed in, single group, 58mm baskets.
    What kind of options can you think of which satisfy these?

Originally posted by Westy View Post
    OK, here's the situation. In payment of some work done a friend said he would prefer a coffee machine than $. Budget is pretty flexible but I'm thinking $2000-3000. He has a grinder already so don't need to factor that in.
    What I'd like to get him is something new (not second hand), dual boiler, fully plumbed in, single group, 58mm baskets.
    What kind of options can you think of which satisfy these?
    I presume the grinder is going to be up to the job? The options in that price range are pretty extensive, so anticipate plenty of opinions....I'll leave that to the pro's. A few other things that might help you get more useful advice might include issues like bench space constraints, where he you/he are located (for after sales service etc).
    Cheers
    BOSW

Comment

Thanks BOSW,

Located in Tasmania....
      Grinder is a Mazzer. A super-jolly I believe. Should be well and truly up to the job for home use.
      No real constraints on bench space/size.

Comment

I should also add that it doesn't need to be volumetric.

Comment

Hello Westy,

We have runout pricing on the Izzo Alex Duetto II V3 update.

My opinion is that you can do no better at the discounted price.

The Rocket Evoluzione V2 is also within range

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Can't go wrong with either of Chris's choices, I nearly gave in on buying that $2500 Evo but my wallet is happy I didn't.

I seriously doubt he would ever need to move on from the Alex Duetto II combined with a super jolly.

Comment

Working...
            X