Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giotto Premium gauge on 3

Hi all,

The pressure gauge on my Giotto is reading at 3, normally it sits between one and one and a half. IS the gauge busted or is my mahcine about to blow up. Steam and hot water seem to be coming out like normal.

Do I need to shut off the machine and get it fixed asap or can I wait till I've finished my beans first?

photo attached

edit to add: the gauge was showing 0.5 when the machine had cooled down, opened the steam wand and no change.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trentski; 31 October 2012, 04:14 PM.

Switch it off immediately Trent and seek service before you use it again.

Dead pressurestat and/or scale blockage and that safety valve should have released long ago.

We don't want this to happen:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8570_coffee-machine-explodes-sainsbury.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	733176

Comment

No we don't!!!!

Thanks for the quick advice Chris

Comment

Just as a matter of interest the hot water tap, if the pressure was really that high, would be pure steam. Hopefully it is just the gauge, but as suggested don't use it until it is checked.

Comment

Dropped in machine at Coffeearoma on Saturday morning and picked it up today. Grit in the gauge was the diagnosis.

I asked them to descale and give it some love while it was there and the Bombora filters doing a good job.

Forgot to ask if it had the new pressurestat or the old one, will have to give them a call tomorrow.

Comment

thats good news trentski!

Comment

Working...
            X