Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Call?

Here I am, new to this forum, so 'Hello All!'

I am in the process of purchasing a machine, in a move away from my ever-so-convenient but boring Saeco Talea Touch. After a desktop investigation, the VBM Domobar Junior seems like a suitable candidate.

So, inevitable questions to the educated - Is this a good choice, is there a better alternative, and are there any concerns with this machine?

Planned usage is home, mostly espresso, with occasional entertaining and thus milky coffees.

How much are you willing to spend? Do you have a grinder that will be up to the task?

The VBM is a lovely machine. I think it's a good choice.

Comment

My spend target is up to 2.5k for the coffee machine, and I will be buying a grinder. That's the next problem.....

Comment

Welcome to CS Forum.

Take a look at my post this morning in this topic: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...000-spend.html

For a budget up to 2.5 just for the machine, there are a couple of other models in our range that go up from the "PUL" (the base model), being eg
        the BFC / Diadema Junior PLUS Levetta and
        the BFC Unico Splendor

I have a Splendor on the bench at home at the moment.

Lovely machines in every way that do present excellent alternatives for you to consider.

Hope that helps,
        Attilio
        very first CS site sponsor.

Comment

Hi Greenswale - where are you located

Comment

I live in Melbourne.

Comment

sorry should have been a bit more specific, I am in Perth and have a La Cimbali M21 Junior and Mazzer Major which would probably be a great solution, the shipping would be $$$$'s from here

Comment

Originally posted by Greenswale View Post
                Here I am, new to this forum, so 'Hello All!'

After a desktop investigation, the VBM Domobar Junior seems like a suitable candidate.

So, inevitable questions to the educated - Is this a good choice, is there a better alternative, and are there any concerns with this machine?

If bench space is a problem, just go for it. I had one for appr.3years a apart from routine maintenance there were no issues. Great machine but there are other great units in this price bracket but generally have larger footprints. Rocket, Diadema, Expobar to name a few. They all have their fans and the best thing is to visit a sponsor and have a play and see your short list "in the metal". If you stick with the brands that you see talked about here most often you won't buy a bad machine. Have fun :-)

Steve

Comment

Bewdy! I have a Rocket.

Thank you to Attilio for your advice, but Sydney was too far.....

Following a quite lengthy visit to Chris at Talk Coffee, and with designer input from my spouse, the decision was relatively simple. That was the easy part - now the real fun begins. Following Chris' advice, along with a bit of reading and experimentation, I now produce a passable coffee. That will doubtless improve as I further deplete the world's stock of coffee beans!

So thank you for the advice, I will continue to lurk and learn......

Comment

Hi Greenswale,

Welcome to CS!
                    You and your wife have made a great choice. Lovely machine, I'm sure the interior designer in the house will be happy with the new kitchen bling ;-)
                    Your coffee journey is about to take a steep upward curve of connection with the process and sheer joy with the results (most of the time!! 8-)...).
                    You can look forward to those coffees that put an irrepressible and spontaneous smile on your face,
                    the times when you're having coffee out and can say with truthful conviction that the coffee is way better at home and
                    the (maybe inevitable, for some) temptation to start roasting your own. ;-)

May all your shots be great shots!!

Comment

Hi Greenswale, I too bought a Rocket from Chris at Talk Coffee a few weeks ago. I'm loving the machine, still early days but going good so far. As I've said to Chris earlier, I can honestly say I'm producing better coffees than some cafes.
                      So any one looking to buy a coffee machine you can't go past Talk Coffee! Once you speak to Chris it won't take you long before you realise " yeah he knows stuff". Thanks again.

Kike

Comment

Working...
                      X