Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minore II - Steam water level adjustment

Hi Guys,

I've been noticing the water content coming out of my Minore's steam wand is abit high. I've been told to try adjusting the probe so that the water level on the boiler is a tad lower.

Has anyone done this or seen a how to? I haven't been able to find anything on doing this adjustment.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,
    I dont know the answer but I thought I would give the post a bump as I am interested to know.
    I Have a minore ll and havent had this issue

Comment

I just find that when I turn it on there is the usual water, but as i wind it down and up there is water, and the steam itself seems to contain abit too much moisture rather than just steam which seems to have a small effect on the milk level once it is steamed.

I've been told there should be a prob that just needs pulling up abit higher as it sets the level of the water in the boiler, and would just need to be lifted a couple of mm so the boiler contains abit less water and abit more steam.

Comment

If this is a new thing then chances are its a symtom of a related issue. My guess would be that there is buildup on the tip of the probe that is insulating it enough make the boiler overfill slightly. Maybe a fill solenoid problem but unlikely. Can be compensated for by lowering the probe but better to find out why the fill level has changed - mark the current level on the probe, pull it out, inspect and replace at the same level, test and adjust if necessary in slight increments.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
          If this is a new thing then chances are its a symtom of a related issue. My guess would be that there is buildup on the tip of the probe that is insulating it enough make the boiler overfill slightly. Maybe a fill solenoid problem but unlikely. Can be compensated for by lowering the probe but better to find out why the fill level has changed - mark the current level on the probe, pull it out, inspect and replace at the same level, test and adjust if necessary in slight increments.
          Do this with the machine off and depresurised

Comment

Err, yeah. That.

Comment

What I was looking for was info on pulling the probe...

Comment

Working...
              X