Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera Galatea running hot

A question for the tech heads.

I have noticed in recent weeks that my Galatea HX brew water temp appears to be running hotter than usual. Not sure if it is due to the hot weather over here in Perth but during the cooling flush it spits and steams more than usual and needs a longer flush. On some occasions when left idle for some time no water runs through the group at all - it just hisses like the pump has not activated.

The pressure gauge for the boiler has not changed - reaches 1.3bar which as normal (slightly high I know). Seems to be something to do with the flow of water through the group - thoughts??

ta

Hello simskade

You might check the condition of the group piston seals. If they leak, you can get an empty HX and the symptoms you describe.

Good luck!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by simskade View Post
      A question for the tech heads.

I have noticed in recent weeks that my Galatea HX brew water temp appears to be running hotter than usual. Not sure if it is due to the hot weather over here in Perth but during the cooling flush it spits and steams more than usual and needs a longer flush. On some occasions when left idle for some time no water runs through the group at all - it just hisses like the pump has not activated.

The pressure gauge for the boiler has not changed - reaches 1.3bar which as normal (slightly high I know). Seems to be something to do with the flow of water through the group - thoughts??

ta
      My Galatea boiler pressure sits on 1 bar, has done from new, never needs a cooling flush, sounds like yours may be running hot and needs adjusting, why not talk to the people you bought it from.

Comment

Working...
      X