Triple basket in a dual spout PF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple basket in a dual spout PF

Which machine around the under 2k range has this? I don't want it in a naked PF. I use the triple for 2 cups. I've seen a few of these machines and the spouted PFs seemed pretty "short"...

If your machine has a 58mm group you can probably find a suitable group handle somewhere, I've not seen any about but I expect they exist somewhere.

Comment

I have a BDB and was looking to upgrade. Hoping the answer would be "no" and "cure" my upgraditis

Comment

I used a Tripple VST in both my Breville BDB as well as in my VBM Domobar Junior in the double spout.

Comment

Darn. That means Junior's PF takes the VST triple?

Comment

Yes it does LOL. Did I not make that clear?

Comment

Yeah I know. I was hoping that it wouldn't so I won't upgrade. My wife is going to kill me -.-"

Comment

I'm using a VST triple in my EM6910

Comment

You can get a Group Handle that fits a larger basket to fit almost ANY machine.
                  So to answer your initial question on an under $2k machine, Any of them, just allow enough to also get a deep Group Handle.
                  Maybe look at Coffee Parts, they seem to be about $100.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenvase View Post
                    Yeah I know. I was hoping that it wouldn't so I won't upgrade. My wife is going to kill me -.-"
                    VBM Junior. Mmmmmmm shiny....

Comment

What, only a triple?

I can fit the quad 58mm basket that I bought from Andy, into the dual spout portafilter that came standard with my Breville Dual Boiler machine.

The real comparison is how much coffee the baskets hold when correctly dosed. Not single, double, triple or quad.

My quad holds about 27g of coffee while my single holds 14g.

How much coffee does a VST triple hold?

Barry
                      Last edited by Barry_Duncan; 21 February 2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

I got a quad basket from beanbay and its a smidge smaller in capacity than the triple ridgeless synesso I got from pullman. I have not weighed how much coffee each holds.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X