Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minore III - repairer in Sydney recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minore III - repairer in Sydney recommendations?

Hey Snobbers

I didn't have time to do a thorough search of the sponsors - hence wanted to drop a quick couple of questions

1. Can anyone recommend a Sydney based repairer of a Minore III? I think its just a pump issue
    2. I would love to give this a crack myself (ie replace vibe pump) I am reasonably handy (and yes I would unplug the machine first) but don't want to risk more damage than good. Should I give it a go, or best left to professionals?

Thanks for looking/replies

Talk to a Sydney sponsor first. DIY doesn't look too hard, but take some good clear picks first so you wire it up correctly and get the water flowing the right way.

Comment

To quote what it says near the bottom of every page on CS:

Email all the CoffeeSnobs Site Sponsors at once using the QUOTE FORM

Java "One button click" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Whilst no water at the group might be an indication of a dead pump, it's often not- as they're incredibly robust.

Best see a sponsor/competent tech for a repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          Whilst no water at the group might be an indication of a dead pump, it's often not- as they're incredibly robust.

Best see a sponsor/competent tech for a repair.
          True. But yours truly, aka dumb arse, managed to go out and left the hot water tap open. The pump looked like it had suffered multiple hernias. Fortunately, the rest of the Minore survived. Is that what you did jatztan?

Comment

thanks Java...I have just learnt something new

thanks for the replies guys. My Minore goes into normal operation, ie pump gets to around 4 bar then jumps up to 12 bar, then half way through extraction, pressure drops out, pump stops making noise

Comment

Working...
            X