Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to HX, does this all sound right? (VBM Junior)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to HX, does this all sound right? (VBM Junior)

I recently purchased a VBM Junior HX and although I've read a lot about boiler and brew pressure settings can anyone offer advice about if my settings are ideal for my machine.

Boiler pressure: 1.1 - 1.25 bar

Brew pressure: 10.5 bar

Also each morning when I turn the machine on the pump runs for about 2 seconds. Is this normal?

Hi,

I've got a different machine but my pressures are about the same (my brew pressure is 10bar.)

My machine sometimes pumps for a couple of seconds upon switch on, it depends on whether I turn it off immediately after brewing my coffee the previous day, hope it helps.

Comment

Sounds normal Nabsie. they will all vary a little depending on how they are setup. My VBM Jnr goes from 0.9 bar to 1.1 bar and my brew pressure is at 10 bar when I get a perfect shot.

It's also important to note that mine is an older generation with a Jaeger pressure stat. Yours might be the newer Sirai pressure stat which will behave differently.

Pump running on machine turn on is also normal. Every now and then - depending on state of boiler fill on turn off - it won't come on in the morning. But most mornings it does.

Remember all machines will vary. This is just a guide. It's what's in the cup that counts.

Comment

Thanks guys. Totally understand that each machine is different.

Perhaps I can experiment with lowering the brew pressure slightly at some stage in the future but for now I'll stick to getting to know the machine.

Glad to hear that the pump running at switch on is normal.

Comment

Mine seems to sit on 1.4 bar and I'm getting anywhere from 11-12 bar when pulling a shot at the correct rate - and this machine was calibrated by jetblack before I purchased it. Sure seems to be a fair variation.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidW1960 View Post
            Mine seems to sit on 1.4 bar and I'm getting anywhere from 11-12 bar when pulling a shot at the correct rate - and this machine was calibrated by jetblack before I purchased it. Sure seems to be a fair variation.
            sounds a bit high for a properly calibrated machine i would check on that with the supplier who did the calibration.

Comment

The difference between the machine gauge and the Scace can be more than 2 BAR which is why we only ever use a Scace when calibrating brew pressure (and temperature). We also record changes and settings for every machine we sell so we can tell pretty quickly if something has changed (due to scale etc).

(email sent David)

charlie

Comment

Hey Thanks Charlie - I wasn't in any way complaining just commenting that there is a variation.

Comment

how do you modify the pressure on your VBM junior

Comment

Boiler pressure is adjusted under the cup warmer, there is a little plastic plug covering the hole.

Brew pressure is adjusted via the OPV which requires removing the rear panel etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X