Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE biggest dog - Rocket Giotto V2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • THE biggest dog - Rocket Giotto V2

    A recently bought (3 months ago) Rocket Giotto is the biggest dog of a machine. It continually reports "Low water" signal by flashing the light and then shutting itself off. Very very frustrating. In fact it's so frustrating I nearly smashed the whole thing with a hammer.

    Something evil happens to a coffee drinker who can't his damn coffee in the morning. All attempts to reseat the tank, clean, wipe and make the machine level on the bench yielded exactly 0 progress.

    I wouldn't buy another one of even if they were giving it for free!!

    AN ABSOLUTE DOG!

  • #2
    Re: THE biggest dog - Rocket Giotto V2

    So, one fault, and its the biggest dog of a machine? It could be something simple. If its only 3 months old, have it repaired under warranty.

    Just a warning; as a first post, this is likely to attract a fair bit of flac (and suspicion of your agenda). Plenty of people here with knowledge of that machine, who Im sure will help, but the vendor should be your first port of call.

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow thats not good,

      I would be more than happy to take it off your hands for free

      And I promise I will not smash it with my hammer

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, very frustrating. It's very poor experience for the price and supposed quality of machine.

        The machine will be going back on Monday to get fixed.

        Comment


        • #5
          So, rather than speak to the vendor, your first response to what is obviously a very annoying but likely minor fault, is to hit a public forum and declare that the machine is a dog. If Cadan doesn't get your machine I'll have it, though I might have to get it desexed and immunised first.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by michalsz View Post
            It continually reports "Low water" signal by flashing the light and then shutting itself off. Very very frustrating.
            What type of water are you using? Tap water, distilled, filtered?

            Comment


            • #7
              Why should I shy away from expressing opinion? Fact is that the machine costs a bomb and was sold to me under expectation of being highly reliable and the best machine for my needs. Fact is it's far from it.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm using filtered water from a 4-stage osmosis system. Incidentally, I have also noticed significant amount of water under the machine. I have checked the water tank valve to make sure it's seated correctly and it appears to be working fine.

                What's happening is as follows:
                0. check for water in tank
                1. turn machine on and wait 5-10mins for pressure and temp to come up to required levels
                2. release steam a bit to warm up the wand
                3. fill group with coffee and install
                4. pull level
                5. this is where the problem occurrs. Machine pumps for 2-3s then light starts flashing and everything stops
                6. machine won't engage pump unless I turn the whole thing off, wait 30-40min and start over

                I have also checked if the machine is level (with spirit level) as I understand this can disrupt the pump. Overall this has been going on for a while and I've been trying to diagnose and fix the problem. However no luck so far.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by michalsz View Post
                  Why should I shy away from expressing opinion? Fact is that the machine costs a bomb and was sold to me under expectation of being highly reliable and the best machine for my needs. Fact is it's far from it.
                  The reasonable thing to do would be wait until you find out what the issue is and express an opinion then. If it is a user issue you'll end up looking like a real dick.

                  Apparently the low water sensors require that the water used is conductive hence my earlier question re: the type of water you're using.
                  Maybe your 4 stage RO system is removing too much of the mineral content making the water non-conductive?

                  The hostile nature of your rants don't belong on this forum. Very immature.

                  All manufactured goods have a small percentage of issues that need to be rectified after sale. Hence warranties.

                  If this is how you behave day to day maybe Karma has caught up with you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CafeLotta View Post
                    The reasonable thing to do would be wait until you find out what the issue is and express an opinion then. If it is a user issue you'll end up looking like a real dick.

                    Apparently the low water sensors require that the water used is conductive hence my earlier question re: the type of water you're using.
                    Maybe your 4 stage RO system is removing too much of the mineral content making the water non-conductive?

                    The hostile nature of your rants don't belong on this forum. Very immature.

                    All manufactured goods have a small percentage of issues that need to be rectified after sale. Hence warranties.

                    If this is how you behave day to day maybe Karma has caught up with you.
                    Thanks for your advice. It's still very frustrating.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by michalsz View Post
                      Thanks for your advice. It's still very frustrating.
                      What CafeLotta is saying about reverse osmosis water is empty the machines water tank and fill it with tap water then give it a go.

                      RO water has had all of the minerals removed (too pure) and is not conductive Wont recognize the sensors.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tradesman blames the tools... What a refreshing change.

                        Yes- there are a number of simple reasons why a Giotto will fail to register the presence of water.

                        With the tone of your entry to this forum, you are welcome to use the search function or google to find the answers yourself.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          Tradesman blames the tools... What a refreshing change.

                          Yes- there are a number of simple reasons why a Giotto will fail to register the presence of water.

                          With the tone of your entry to this forum, you are welcome to use the search function or google to find the answers yourself.
                          Michalsz, There's that Karma thing again. You just missed an opportunity to get some knowledgable advice from someone in the know.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I apologise to the forum. Clearly I overreacted.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It may be all sorts of things it may even be that your filter slows the supply of water to the machine causing the low water light/circuit to operate exactly as it should.

                              as an experiment can you bypass the filter and see if it behaves differently?

                              While I can understand your frustration on spending a lot of money and the machine not working properly.

                              The best way to try and get the problem fixed would be to have some sort of discussion with the supplier.

                              Try and stay calm and focus on the problem.

                              Venting your anger at the supplier may not get the best possible solution for you.

                              Best of luck.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X