Unveiling of the long rumoured and much awaited Breville espresso machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unveiling of the long rumoured and much awaited Breville espresso machine

That's right you saw it here first ladies and germs! Breville unveiled their new machine at SCAA's 25th Exposition in Boston this weekend. It's late at night/early in the morning and we've a plane and train to catch this morning so I'm going to tease you with a few quick specs and pics and you'll have to await the full details until we're back home in a couple of days!

Breville has labeled the new machine the Oracle and first impressions are it's a very impressive piece of kit.

As you would expect it is a dual boiler. What you might not expect is that it has a built in grinder that grinds, doses and tamps! All done hands free! The hands free features don't stop there. This little beauty also features automatic milk texturing with real time monitoring and display of the milk temperature!

So with-out further ado here's a couple pics to get your taste buds salivating and your fingers itching to have a play!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P4140680-resized.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	754435Click image for larger version

Name:	P4140682-resized.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	754436

Java "More later!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Will be interesting to see the features on this machine with accuracy and ability against the human touch of milk texturing and tamping...

Interesting and thanks for the post

Comment

It'd be just like having your own coffee butler. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about this machine.

Comment

Interesting - the grinder seems to use the same distribution/tamping method the La Marzocco Swift grinder uses.

Comment

Be interesting to hear reviews. Not much difference to a fully automaic machine or is there? <- more a question than a statement

Comment

A RRP of USD $1999. I'm really interested to see the reviews. While this would be perfect for my wife, for my money it would need to be very good to move across to it. (sign was at the base of the machine on display).

Cheers Yabba
            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Unveiling of the long rumoured and much awaited Breville espresso machine

Looks like it could be a good option for a small office. Better than the jura full auto we have anyway :sly:

Comment

Interesting concept, hope it works well.

Found a teaser video:
                Breville BES980 - The Oracle on Vimeo

And another pic:
                http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5...illeoracle.jpg

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the pic, artman. It sure is an attractive piece of kit. I hope someone does a pull down of it once it is out in the wild and we can see its innards up close and personal.

Comment

Not sure I'd be interested so much, even if I had the money. I LIKE the hands-on that goes into making coffee, the challenge of perfecting (a big job for me so should keep me 'challenged for a good long time to come ) a technique and the ongoing stimulation of exploring how different coffees perform.

Definitely be better than an auto for a workplace, although the brigade who would die for the one-button machines would protest mightily. (Lazy Bastards!)

Comment

I would never buy this. Self tamping, self grinding, self steaming sounds like poopies to me

Comment

Nice looking machine, kind of a hybrid between our much loved and lusted after Italian machines and a fully auto.

I'm sure it will be hugely popular with trendy gen Y types, and that's probably the market Breville are targeting, as far as coffee geeks are concerned, not so much.

Comment

Did anyone notice if this mc had a rotary pump same as the revamped BES900 ?

Comment

Rotary pump in the 900?

Agree, I like and prefer the DIY aspect, but this would (should?) beat an auto machine for flavour etc if it works well enough, and probably much cheaper too. Great for an office environment where "non snobs" predominantly operate the machines.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                              Did anyone notice if this mc had a rotary pump same as the revamped BES900 ?
                              It is not a revamped BES900, its a showpiece like a concept car at a carshow, and if following the trend from concept cars its a pretty good indication of what wont be made

Comment

Working...
                              X