Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera Domus Galatea problem

Hi
    I have a problem with my Bezzera Domus Galatea. I turned it on yesterday and it heated up and worked ok first thing. However later in the day the group head was cold although the power lights were on. There is plenty of water in the tank. Then I switched the power off/on and the power lights flickered a bit and stayed off. Could some kind of safety switch have turned off because it overheated or something that I now need to reset? Any suggestions welcome. Also does anyone have a link to the manual and wiring diagram - I couldnt find a link on the Bezzera site.
    Thanks
    Chris

Hello chrisr,

My guess? Element relay on the pressurestat. Less likely is the element itself.

Early ones used this somewhat quirky design.

The fix is a new (conventional) pressurestat and a quick rewire.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris - I found a link to the manual on this very site using the search tools. Thanks to the person who put up the link.

I pulled all the covers off so I could have a closer look at the inside of my Bezzy and checked for any loose connections or switches that could be reset and lo and behold it now works perfectly again!!

On another subject, something that has always annoyed me is the overflow from the surpression valve that goes into the drip tray. I think I read somewhere that the later models feed this overflow back into the water tank. Has anyone just rerouted this back to the tank on an early model like mine? It looks like this would be quite simple. Are there any downsides to doing this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Chris,

An alternative theory is that there is a defective component on the control board that is failing at high temperatures (ie. when the machine has been on for a while) but works again when cold. I have done the return from the OPV to the tank mod on a few machines with no reports of issues, there is even a handy pre-drilled hole in the stainless top panel for the silicone hose.

*edit - confused myself, thought we were talking about a BZ99, but everything above applies except the part about the hole
        Last edited by coffee_machinist; 30 April 2013, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
          Hi
          I have a problem with my Bezzera Domus Galatea. I turned it on yesterday and it heated up and worked ok first thing. However later in the day the group head was cold although the power lights were on. There is plenty of water in the tank. Then I switched the power off/on and the power lights flickered a bit and stayed off. Could some kind of safety switch have turned off because it overheated or something that I now need to reset? Any suggestions welcome. Also does anyone have a link to the manual and wiring diagram - I couldnt find a link on the Bezzera site.
          Thanks
          Chris
          Take your tank out and clean it
          Clean the SS touch wings that secure in at the bottom
          Replace tank and fill with water
          If you use RO water it will also display similar simptoms

That as easy DIY and should fix it ? if not It could be a pressure stat

KK

Comment

Thanks Kosmo
            As I noted above I have got the machine working again after taking off the top and side covers and checking all the connections etc. Of course it could well have been the water tank touch wings all the time that now have a better connection after the reassembly. I'll give them a bit of a clean up as well now to make sure.
            Chris
            Also Rick - I did wonder about the hole, thanks!

Comment

wiring manual domus galatea

This is a couple of years old now, so not sure if it will get picked up. I'm trying to find that link to the wiring manual. search tool just brings me back to this post each time> please re-direct me or share link.
              Last edited by Suepergran; 19 May 2015, 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling/ fat finger

Comment

Have you tried contacting Bezzera Australia? They're a very helpful bunch...

Mal.

Comment

Bezzera Drawings

Hey Suepergran - Bezzera wiring diagrams are all there.

Also, I second Mal - Bezzera Australia are great folk ;-) I've been nothing but impressed by them.

Comment

Working...
                  X