Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal/gasket kit for Giotto group

Hi All
    Do any of the local parts suppliers sell a service kit for the Group Head on the Giotto?
    I found a place in the UK (Bella Barista) that sells a kit that includes all the seals/gaskets/springs for the E61 so thought I'd see if any local Aussie parts suppliers have put one together.

Can get all the bits from Coffee Parts but they don't do a kit so have to list each individual item.

Cheers
    Peter

Coffee parts would have been my suggestion. Pedro would probably be able to assemble a "kit" for you on your request, send him am=n email and ask.

Steve.

Comment

Emailed Pedro already, they don't do a kit. Have just sent another email to him with the link to Bella Barista. I think it would be a winner for a parts supplier to set up a kit or maybe they get a special deal from the UK mob & resell locally. If it wasn't for postage costs it would be much cheaper to buy these in the UK with current exchange rates.

I spent ages doing a spreadsheet cross referencing all the relevant bits so that I know I'm ordering all the relevant stuff that is needed.

Cheers
      Peter

Comment

I might be missing something here, but why would you buy a kit containing a whole heap of parts you might not need? Why not just do a check and replace any defective/perished seals?

Comment

If I pull the group apart to replace one of the seals then I may as well replace all of them, the machine is 9yrs old now & it's never had seals replaced. I'm sure that they will start to give way one after the other so intend to replace all of them in one go; wasn't really thinking of replacing springs though.

Comment

I suspect you will find you are more likely to be replacing entire group pistons, not just seals as there will be high wear on the cam followers. There may well be other items including the lever cam that need to be attended to as well.

No need to replace springs unless they're broken. A "generic kit" will be unlikely to solve your issues, but then what would I know? After all, I only work on them every day

Comment

Thanks for the info re other stuff that could potentially need attention. I don't have issues with the machine am just going to do a seal replacement & do a check.

By the way Coffee Parts will be getting a service kit together when they launch their new WEB site.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X