Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just won! A Bezzera BZ07 now I have a conumdrum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just won! A Bezzera BZ07 now I have a conumdrum.

Hi, I'm very new to the site I joint cause my colleague suggested the experts will a able to help.
    As my title says I have just won a Bezzera BZ07 at work yay! which I'll get soon, but I already own a 6 year old Domus that I bought 3yrs back which I love.
    The excitement of receiving a new machine that is volumetric makes me consider selling the Domus but I know the Domus is more expensive so I guess better?
    So the question I pose. Should I keep the Domus and expect great coffee for years to come even though it's six years old?
    Or should I keep the BZ07?
    (My Domus seems to be working great and I've had no problems with it since I got it. Looks newish and the only difference with the new Domus is from what I can see a extra gauge for the pump pressure)

Any help with this lucky problem would be great.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by thepistolf1 View Post
    Hi, I'm very new to the site I joint cause my colleague suggested the experts will a able to help.
    As my title says I have just won a Bezzera BZ07 at work yay! which I'll get soon, but I already own a 6 year old Domus that I bought 3yrs back which I love.
    The excitement of receiving a new machine that is volumetric makes me consider selling the Domus but I know the Domus is more expensive so I guess better?
    So the question I pose. Should I keep the Domus and expect great coffee for years to come even though it's six years old?
    Or should I keep the BZ07?
    (My Domus seems to be working great and I've had no problems with it since I got it. Looks newish and the only difference with the new Domus is from what I can see a extra gauge for the pump pressure)

Any help with this lucky problem would be great.
    Thanks.
    They are 2 totally different machines in there build/design and they employ a different water delivery system to make coffee ( different group heads and in the case of the BZ07 electric heated group head)
    I had the Domus as well and loved it & would still be happy to have it but I now have the Strega
    All I can suggest is what machine is best suited for you and your family dynamic
    The Domus will be better and right at home if you have the need to serve many coffees one after the next for visiting friends and family
    The BZ07 can keep up at a slower pace but is more suited to regular and occasional use and where the kitchen space is limited - it then will fight right in

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee_Kosmo View Post
      They are 2 totally different machines in there build/design and they employ a different water delivery system to make coffee ( different group heads and in the case of the BZ07 electric heated group head)
      I had the Domus as well and loved it & would still be happy to have it but I now have the Strega
      All I can suggest is what machine is best suited for you and your family dynamic
      The Domus will be better and right at home if you have the need to serve many coffees one after the next for visiting friends and family
      The BZ07 can keep up at a slower pace but is more suited to regular and occasional use and where the kitchen space is limited - it then will fight right in

KK
      Ok thanks for that,
      My usage is for my wife and I is a couple of times a day, and I've seemed to have attracted a lot of visitors since I got the Domus mmmm? So basically I'm serving for up to six a few times a week as well. (my milk bill is out there)
      I guessing the BZ07 would handle that work load?
      You mentioned the water delivery systems are different also the electric heating of the BZ07 head. Do these differences make getting a good conformed shot easier or is that a bit hard to judge, as I have to admit I'm getting a bit fussy when it comes to my extractions.
      If all processes are equal except the machine would you see an advantage in the any for it's quality shot capabilities on either machine.

Comment

Originally posted by thepistolf1 View Post
        Ok thanks for that,
        My usage is for my wife and I is a couple of times a day, and I've seemed to have attracted a lot of visitors since I got the Domus mmmm? So basically I'm serving for up to six a few times a week as well. (my milk bill is out there)
        I guessing the BZ07 would handle that work load?
        You mentioned the water delivery systems are different also the electric heating of the BZ07 head. Do these differences make getting a good conformed shot easier or is that a bit hard to judge, as I have to admit I'm getting a bit fussy when it comes to my extractions.
        If all processes are equal except the machine would you see an advantage in the any for it's quality shot capabilities on either machine.
        My personal choice is I could live with both machines on my bench but that's because both will suit my needs
        But to answer your question
        For the electrically heated head - I love it - You can make coffee 10/15 min after you turn on the machine and its very stable to a precise temperature
        I know this because my Strega also has an electrically heated head and this system is also used in many commercial machines

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee_Kosmo View Post
          My personal choice is I could live with both machines on my bench but that's because both will suit my needs
          But to answer your question
          For the electrically heated head - I love it - You can make coffee 10/15 min after you turn on the machine and its very stable to a precise temperature
          I know this because my Strega also has an electrically heated head and this system is also used in many commercial machines

KK
          Well that's great advice.
          So looks like I'm getting the new machine this week, can't wait!
          I'll tell you how it goes.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X