Relative obscurity of Lelit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relative obscurity of Lelit?

I'm finding this totally mind boggling - since I'm generally seeing whats out there in affordable dual boiler/HX machines I'm thinking Lelit machines sound like great bang for buck. Particularly checking out the PL60T v2.

But anyway I've seen others mention this before as well - there seems to be very little information and reviews around about them. No offense to Jetblack Espresso here but they seem to be the premium source of information about these guys :P I've even seen in another thread that Lelit were singled out in a write up about 'poor' manufacturers versus 'quality' ones as being a great company..

I have a hunch they dont make 110v versions of their products, thus ruling out the great USofA market. Maybe thats a big part of it?

Are they small too care about? Too new? Bad reputation?

On that note, calling all Lelit opinions from CSers - how have they stacked up reliability-wise?

- ham

They might be sold under a different name in the USA? I'm pretty sure that Lelit have previously been sold variously as Quaha / Nemox etc.....not sure what the current situation is.

Comment

No news is generally good news - bad experiences will always be shared

I know of a Lelit being used commercially in a small mixed business - I will ask them for feedback.

Charlie from JetBlack could probably give you some customer reviews too.

Comment

Pretty sure that there is talk about Lelit on US sites. Some of the bigger coffee machine vendors over there stock Lelit. FWIW I started my coffee journey with a Lelit Combi, it lasted me three years and I really enjoyed using it.

Comment

Quite honestly you cannot compare the lelit to a HX. I have used My mates many times and in comparison it's a toy. I had a 6910 previously and would take that over the lelit any day 10 times over. I honestly can't see the attraction. There was nothing about I enjoyed. Yuk IMO!

Comment

Should have said I'm referring to the first model that was available with the inbuilt grinder.

Comment

I've had my lelit (single boiler) for 2 years. I can't the fault reliability as it's not missed a beat. I've not used many other machines so can't really compare it...

Comment

Originally posted by kammy View Post
                Quite honestly you cannot compare the lelit to a HX. I have used My mates many times and in comparison it's a toy. Yuk IMO!
                I assume you are refering to a specific Lelit model...?...was it the PL60T v2 that is the subject of this discussion ?
                ....you do know that Lelit make a HXm/c also ?

http://www.lelit.com/web_eng/gamma_s...ica.asp?id=147

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                  I assume you are refering to a specific Lelit model...?...was it the PL60T v2 that is the subject of this discussion ?
                  ....you do know that Lelit make a HXm/c also ?

http://www.lelit.com/web_eng/gamma_s...ica.asp?id=147
                  Wow... that looks really good with the E61. Didn't mention PID though.

Comment

Your quite right blend52, my response was out of line as I didnt see the PL60Tv2 part of the original post. My very bad boy Please disregard my comments in relation to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X