Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I purchase ??

Hi folks,

I'm currently in the market for a new machine and My budget is 2500 give or take a little. I already have a mazzer mini doserless (and all the other bits and pieces) so really just need a decent machine to compliment it. I previously have owned a sunbeam 6910 and have a solid understanding of pulling shots.

From the research I have been doing I'm thinking its gonna be between a expobar minore iv or rocket Giotto, please advise me if I'm wrong!. I don't know much about the machines around this price range so if there is a no brainer machine I should be buying for my price range I'd love to hear it.

Cheers

Welcome Jsmith89,

Two excellent machines- but there are plenty of others which are also good.

With good machines, it's not so much about great coffee as this is a given. It's about the other things- ergonomics, steam wands, drip trays, valves, tanks, chassis.

I recommend you speak to someone who can point out some pros and cons and use them to choose the best match of features for your personal requirements.

Of the 2 machines you have mentioned, no doubt that the Giotto is better finished, but this should not be viewed in isolation when making a choice.

We are happy to assist if you'd like to chat about some options.

Happy shopping!

Chris

Comment

As Chris says, once you get up into that price range there are a goodly number of excellent machines. The differences will come down to (mostly) personal preferences--looks, ergonomics, control layout, size, etc.

Your best bet is to go to a retailer with a decent range, and decide after you have seen/felt the different machines.

Greg

Comment

I noticed Cosmorex had some great specials when I went there the other weekend .... give them a call
        Last edited by Javaphile; 29 August 2013, 04:05 PM. Reason: Business is no longer a sponsor

Comment

Working...
        X