Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing o-rings in Brugnetti Simona Top steam line - grease required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing o-rings in Brugnetti Simona Top steam line - grease required?

Hi all,

It's a long time since I've posted, but I check in every now and again.

My Brugnetti Simona Top HX machine has happily been making my coffee for a few of years now (I bought it second hand off the bay) but recently water has started running down the outside of the machine from the steam knob when I start steaming. This implies to me that perhaps a gasket or o-ring in the steam line needs replacing.

I've been online to coffeeparts and ordered every o-ring and gasket in the steam line shown on their diagram (why risk not ordering the right one when they're only a dollar or two each?). Big credit to coffeeparts for their excellent service. Less than 24 hours from placing my order to having it arrive in Hobart.

My question is, when replacing these o-rings, do I need to apply some sort of food grade grease or lubricant, or should they go in dry? If grease is required, do you have any suggestions re a good brand or where best to get such a thing locally?

I assume I'm not breaking any rules by linking to the coffeeparts diagram since they're a coffeesnobs sponsor.

Coffee Parts | Brugnetti Spare Parts - Steam and Hot Water Valves

Thanks,

Tristan
Working...
X