EMC Giotto Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMC Giotto Classic

This thread serves no purpose other than to gloat :P I honestly cant believe that I own such an amazing machine. I started my at home coffee journey a number of years back with a Breville, moved to a Sylvia and honestly never thought we would be able to afford anything more than that . . . low and behold I am now in the 'pointy end' club :-) Thanks to a very generous man who upgraded and sold his baby to me (and thanks to Chris from Talk Coffee for hooking us up). Thank you xx (not even sure if he is on this forum).

Ive owned it for about a week now and loving it - loving EVERYTHING about it actually. Will now have to work out how to care of it.

Anyway, that is all :-)

Congrats Pobie
    A lovely machine - no wonder you're thrilled
    I still have those feelings for my Diadema which is a very similar machine - and I've had it almost 6 years now!

Happy cupping
    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pobie View Post
      This thread serves no purpose other than to gloat :P I honestly cant believe that I own such an amazing machine. I started my at home coffee journey a number of years back with a Breville, moved to a Sylvia and honestly never thought we would be able to afford anything more than that . . . low and behold I am now in the 'pointy end' club :-) Thanks to a very generous man who upgraded and sold his baby to me (and thanks to Chris from Talk Coffee for hooking us up). Thank you xx (not even sure if he is on this forum).

Ive owned it for about a week now and loving it - loving EVERYTHING about it actually. Will now have to work out how to care of it.

Anyway, that is all :-)
      Congrats Pobie,

Two great people both won out of that deal. Ian's machine is one of the best Giotto Classics I have seen and now souped up, it should give you many more years of great coffee.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Congratulations Pobie.

BTW, this thread would be so much better with some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          Congrats Pobie,

Two great people both won out of that deal. Ian's machine is one of the best Giotto Classics I have seen and now souped up,

Chris
          Evening Chris, what has been done to "soup up" the machine?

Comment

G'day Jon,

It was in great condition anyway. We descaled, did all of the usual service stuff and the biggie was a conversion to the current style tank. Phil did a whole heap of stainless fabrication as well. It's all scaced and happy.

Comment

Will get some pics for you all :-) It even branded me last night with the steam wand which my husband took the opportunity to laugh heartily at saying 'you thought you owned the coffee machine, however the machine has just proved that it in fact owns you' :P LOL So today Im sporting a lovely steam wand stripe on my palm.

Comment

Will get some pics for you all :-) It even branded me last night with the steam wand which my husband took the opportunity to laugh heartily at saying 'you thought you owned the coffee machine, however the machine has just proved that it in fact owns you' :P LOL So today Im sporting a lovely steam wand stripe on my palm.
                Sounds like you need a coffee to help you recover.

Comment

> It even branded me last night with the steam wand

The Premium, premium plus etc have a cool touch steam wand. I think on the classic the wand (and hot water arm) comes from through the chasis rather than out of the valves on the outside of the machine, so it wouldnt be a direct part replacement, but take a look and see if you can replace the steam wand with a cool touch wand. It basically is a insulated arm and wont burn you.

Comment

Something you only do once Pobie! unless of course your a slow learner.

Comment

As it turns out we arent fast learners in this house - I now have three burns on my arm and my husband a big burn across his chest . . . all from the group head. Hubby wasnt so clever about it and wiped his skin off EEEEKKKKK!!!! Our kitchen is super tiny so its pretty hard to avoid it.

Comment

He must be loving his coffee so much to be hugging it while it's hot! sorry couldn't help myself. I own the premium but no machine will have a non-burn e61 group head.

Comment

Oh really? The Premium's group head also gets hot? Interesting. And funny enough he cant stand coffee :P

Here is a photo as requested, including my coffee helper . . . who makes making coffee a very interesting experience :-)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Went from a la scala butterfly to Giotto - best move.....until I saw the Londinium in action recently...

Comment

Originally posted by effuse View Post
                              Went from a la scala butterfly to Giotto - best move.....until I saw the Londinium in action recently...
                              Not a patch on one which actually works as it should- nor within a country mile of the finish and performance of the Alex Leva.

Your EVO is a terrific machine. Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                              X