Preheat cups on cups tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preheat cups on cups tray

I was wondering what people do when they run out of space to preheat cups on the cup warmer on top of the coffee machine. The reason I ask is that on top of my VBM junior HX, it seems to just fit 2 acf latte cups and nothing else and even then it needs some wiggling. I have found a sequence of making coffees that seems to be okay. Although is there a better way?

Look right... That's the hot water wand and it's a great thing to use it!

Comment

Using the hot water tap will cycle the boiler water too (on your HX, water through the group doesnt cycle the boiler water). It will drop the boiler pressure until it recovers - but thats hardly an issue for the 50-100ml you'll be using.

Comment

Yep, you want to be refreshing the boiler every now and then anyway. I always heat my cups (generally latte sized) with a quick shot of water before I grind (would be a PITA to store cups on the top as I need to fill the tank from there)....never had a problem on the Diadema.

Comment

Ditto for me. When I need more cups I just use the hot water wand. No problemo!

Comment

Get cups straight out of the dishwasher as soon as the cycle has finished. They're pretty hot! Don't worry about that dishlex smell. It's just a figure of you're imagination.....

Comment

Originally posted by stephen28 View Post
              Get cups straight out of the dishwasher as soon as the cycle has finished. They're pretty hot! Don't worry about that dishlex smell. It's just a figure of you're imagination.....
              You have got to be kidding! I prefer my coffee like my scotch: unadulterated by chemical flavours.

TampIt

Comment

well I do use the group head water to heat the base although it's just not as convenient. I probably should have found this out prior to buying the machine but in every other aspect I like this machine. In any case, the water out of the hot water tap tastes and smells like heated plastic or silicon so I have only used that tap once. I'm not sure but isn't the water going through a silicon tube... Do people change this to some kind of metal like copper?

Comment

My machine is on most of the time & like in cafés I just stack the cups on top. (as in more than one cup high) Unless I have just turned the machine on the cups are always fairly hot to touch, even if not too hot to hold. When I start for the day, I just run the cups/glasses under the hot tap, but ONLY on the outside of the cup. Takes a little longer under the water to get the inside warm but you don't have to have the tap on high either.

I'm not a fan of the things they put in the water 'for our benefit' (chloride, chloramines, fluoride and more) and avoid them where I can. i.e. almost all water that goes in us comes via the RO system under the sink.

Copper isn't very good for us either, so you shouldn't drink water from the hot tap - get cold water and heat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                    My machine is on most of the time & like in cafés I just stack the cups on top. (as in more than one cup high) Unless I have just turned the machine on the cups are always fairly hot to touch, even if not too hot to hold. When I start for the day, I just run the cups/glasses under the hot tap, but ONLY on the outside of the cup. Takes a little longer under the water to get the inside warm but you don't have to have the tap on high either.

I'm not a fan of the things they put in the water 'for our benefit' (chloride, chloramines, fluoride and more) and avoid them where I can. i.e. almost all water that goes in us comes via the RO system under the sink.

Copper isn't very good for us either, so you shouldn't drink water from the hot tap - get cold water and heat it.
                    Hi JM

Hot: most HWS use a sacrificial anode, far worse than a minute bit of Cu. Although I admit I avoid all that via filtered "in and out of tank" rainwater anyway.

TampIt

Comment

Working...
                    X