Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unico Splendor leak

Hi all

I have a leak from some sort of valve/solenoid in my Unico Splendor. It does not seem to affect the operation of the unit however the water obviously continues to "steam" from the valve/solenoid causing the container to empty over time. I have below a photo and am wondering if anyone can tell me what it is and where I can get a replacement.
    Attached Files

In the condition pictured, that is one very dangerous and scary looking pressurestat and those terminals would be live when the machine is on. One slip and you get 240 of Newton's finest.

Suggest you have the wiring attended to and the pressurestat replaced with a safe alternative at the same time. I would strongly advise that you do not use the machine until it has been made safe.

Comment

Thanks for the safety advice, I have already unplugged the unit, and it will remain so until it is repaired. Those dodgy connections will also be fixed, however I do not know where I can purchase the pressurestat here in Aust.

Comment

From us or any other supplier who stocks parts and repairs machines.

Comment

Hooray. Managed to find a supplier. So will have it fixed by early next week.

Comment

This is very interesting. Have you called your original equipment provider or whoever last serviced your machine?

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
              One slip and you get 240 of Newton's finest.
              Or maybe even Alessandro Volta's...
              Agree with you totally though Chris. Not something for the inexperienced or unqualified to be poking around at...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                Or maybe even Alessandro Volta's...
                Agree with you totally though Chris. Not something for the inexperienced or unqualified to be poking around at...

Mal.
                Knew I was bored in physics Mal....

I had one of the worst shocks I have ever had from a Campini pressurestat and have grown to hate them.

When we see them, we recommend immediate replacement. Even with shrouded terminals, if the machine is live, the adjustment screws on top are live too. Killers.

Comment

Working...
                X