4 hole tip expobar minore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 hole tip expobar minore

thanks for the replies. My tip is a female one though and it is not the cool touch wand.

I might try enlarging the two hole tip and see what that does for performance. I was using a 600ml jug with a 4 hole tip on the synesso and it didnt seem to impair milk texturing. it all happens pretty quick so doesnt leave much room for error, but milk was comparable to the two hole on my expobar, just alot quicker.

just have to work on my late art. I keep planning to roast a heap of beans and buy 6-10 litres of milk and just pump them out to practice. at the moment I dont make that many coffees over a week. morning coffees go into a thermos cup for the trip to work so it is only the ones i make on the weekend where i get a chance to practice. but I have enrolled for the advanced latte art course at Epic in a couple of weeks.

My wife bought me for my birthday the intro coffee course at Epic which I did a few weeks ago. It was really designed for people new to espresso machines and had a slant towards the sunbeam (as they are the sunbeam trainer for perth) but I still got a bit out of it. I always find it good to speak and learn from others. I had never had any lessons from anyone previously, just self taught from what I had read off the net. So it was definitely good to see up close how other did things. I also got some good tips for latte art which has improved alot since.

Comment

If you have the M10 female tip, then there are no end of commercial tips available. Check Coffeeparts for a range of commercial tips. There are a few tips in the Faema section as well as a generic 4 hole tip. Also Ive been using Bezzeras standard 4 hole tip in my BZ35 (2l boiler) and its a demon for microfoam in an instant (about sec). Bezzera also have a 3 hole tip if the 4 hole one is too fast. So theres plenty of choice in the M10 fermale tip department.

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

I have managed to get a 4 hole tip for the expobar. Turns out I had 3 of them. The steam wand from a cimbali m31 fits the expobar (sort of). By sort of it does fit but the spring that fits up inside the thread and presses on the ball of the swivel part of the steam arm is too short so the wand wont stay in place so makes it a little difficult to position and hyave it remain there as it isnt a cool touch wand. So i dont think it is the solution I was after but should suffice for testing purposes anyway.

I have only heated two lots of 600ml milk not quite back to back but within a few minutes of each other. Expobar keeps up fine in the steam department and I think would easily do two 600ml lots of milk back to back. I havent timed it but it does heat up alot quicker than the two hole expobar wand. texturing was ok as well, although a little difficult given the wand wouldnt stay in place. THe cimbali tip is 4 hole, one hole in the middle of the tip and 3 on the sides. The holes are a little smaller than those on the expobar though so I doubt it is double the volume of steam that would be comming out.

I will do some futher testing in a week or so when I get some time. So I will post a more detailed review of my experience with it then along with some pics.

Comment

Working...
        X