Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS Musica - update?

Hi all,

I think i am about to embark on a new purchase of the NS Musica. I've got a friend in the machine business and can get me a GREAT price on one. My only hesitation is that i've browsed for the forum pages and noticed that when it was first released there appeared to be a few problems....most people put it down to being a new product. Can anyone confirm this? Have the problems been sorted?

I currently have the NS Oscar - have had it for several years now and love it. I understand the internals are pretty much identical on the Musica however the hot water tap and looks are a big winner for me....i can't stomach milk so long blacks all the way. Any suggestions what i could sell the Oscar for? Good condition, well looked after, serviced yearly and backflushed regularly.

Any response to these questions would be great, especially on the musica!

Honestly- it's pretty much the same machine as you have....I'd call it a crossgrade rather than an upgrade. Better things to do with your cash? Your choice....

Comment

You can look through / search past sales on here for an indication of prices.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
        Honestly- it's pretty much the same machine as you have....I'd call it a crossgrade rather than an upgrade. Better things to do with your cash? Your choice....
        I sort of thought that. I have browsed site after site and heaps of youtube videos and have sort of come to that conclusion. The price is great and certainly would look nicer in our new kitchen. Wife said I can spend a bit more in a few years on a better machine. Always kind of had my eye on an expobar office leva which i can still get at a good price but no way near as cheap as the Musica. However, I would expect better shot quality from this machine over the oscar/musica....would that be correct?

Maybe it's time to do a few mods to the Oscar in the meantime.
        Last edited by calaper; 12 April 2014, 10:34 PM. Reason: Can't spell

Comment

I have one of the first Musicas. Since it has been repaired under warranty I have had no further troubles (More than 2 years). Having said that I do not think the build of the machine (the Bling) is worth the money as the sides of mine are now loose and when I mentioned this to a service person they advised not to worry. I took it to mean it was a difficult fix as he did not offer a reason or fix it. They are a step up from the Oscar in that they have a water outlet. That is the only difference other than the stainless steel, as I am led to believe that they have the same internals as the Oscar. Whilst they make excellent espresso they are a volumatic machine not a lever. You can change the times by simply pushing the button to stop a pour prior to 30 seconds if you want to try a ristretto.

However all said and done the owners of more recent machines have not stated any adverse comments so they may have a better built machine. Now I have moved south from Cairns I am closer to better Machine Technicians which I will be trying to locate in the near future. I would hope that they will be able to quickly remedy my minor complaints. Hope this all helps.

Comment

Working...
          X