Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar pump part broken

Hi there.
    I have a problem with my Vibiemme Domobar Super Lever. When the pump gets to max pressure (either pulling a shot or back flushing), the pump ceases to make the normal noise but goes very quiet, and is no longer making any pressure. Once it happens, that's the way it stays until the machine is turned off and left for a while.
    I just pulled the pump apart and this is what I found -

Seems there is a broken spring.
    I am about to get the pliers onto the spring so I can hopefully get a coffee in the morning while waiting for a new spring (assuming I can buy just the spring).

But I am a little confused - I noticed this little plastic ball bearing and I am not sure where it came from.
    Could it be that it sits inside the hole in the metal part closest to it?
    Does anyone know?
    And does anyone know what the part is that I need to buy in order to get this spring only, or do I have to buy a new pump?
    Alternatively, has anyone bought a pump and they have this spring in their old pump?

Thanks and regards.

Well, I figured out that the little plastic ball bearing doesn't go in the hole of the metal piece near it as there is nothing to stop it from having too much free space at the other end of the hole it travels to serve any purpose, so it must have come out of the hole which the narrow metal shaft goes in.
    And I got the pliers onto the spring and made a temporary fix - making a flat ring at the broken end so there is even spring pressure against the surface it pushes against, and also stretching the spring a tiny bit, to compensate for the missing bit and the extra bending. All estimation measurements, but it's back together and it is working again.
    Flow rate looks normal, and using a bit of water from the boiler and it seems to take a normal amount of time to top the boiler up (repeated tests, to account for variation).

The sad thing is that the spring is not available as a part, and I am faced with purchasing a whole pump.

Comment

Working...
    X