No announcement yet.

Upgrading my Saeco - Rocket Giotto Premium Plus V2 OR Vibiemme Domobar Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Saeco - Rocket Giotto Premium Plus V2 OR Vibiemme Domobar Junior

Hi everyone,

I have been searching around as much as I can and narrowed down my new espresso machine choice to the to Vibiemme Domobar Junior HX. It meets my needs perfectly.

Apart from being a great machine at around the $2K mark, I read they are upheld for high build quality and durability.

I have just found out I am able to secure a Rocket Giotto Premium Plus V2 for slightly more money.
    From what I read about the Rocket Giotto's, they are quite a popular machine.
    Through my research, I also read some horrible review from an "espresso repairer" who say the internals of these machines are not as high as you would expect for a machine of that caliber.

Would be glad to hear anyone's personal views as to which machine will be more reliable for me in the long run, and also if the Rocket is that much better of purchase then the Domobar.

First time post so be nice

Thanks!

Hello and welcome Alex,

Both are excellent and very competent machines. The way to choose between is to compare and contrast the feature sets of both, examine the finish and then choose the one that best suits your needs.

Both will do the job superbly. It's all about which one you like.

Comment

Hey Alex - we upgraded our Giotto Rocket recently to the Giotto R58 dual boiler. We have had no troubles with the Giottos - easy to operate machines; simple and look good too! You would enjoy one I'm sure.....

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.
        I went with the Giotto and also got a bottomless portafilter thrown in.
        Now I wait.

Comment

I got my PPv2 about a month ago. I'm very happy with it. Glad I bought one. Have fun!!

Comment

Working...
          X