Vibiemme Domobar jnr triple basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibiemme Domobar jnr triple basket

I am looking for advice for getting a triple basket for my Vibiemme Domobar Jnr. Would it work on the normal portafilter or do I need to go bottomless? Any suggestions for a specific triple filter??

Hey JohanL,

Give the EP precision triple basket from Talk Coffee a go. Cheaper than a VST, and in my experience a lot better than the standard basket for my machine. I imagine though that Vibiemme baskets are better made than Rancilio baskets.

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

You'll need to buy a bottomless group handle. That's what I did when I bought a VST triple for my VBM Domobar Jnr.

Comment

I don't think triple baskets fit into the VBM branded portafilters. I got some triple baskets(22g), no idea what brand or make, as I got them included when I brought my jnr. The triple baskets I got don't look all that well made. But I couldn't get them to fit my VBM portafilters. You would need either a deeper portafilter or go bottomless. I personally use 18g VST bottomless.

Comment

Does the 18g VST fit a normal VBM portafilter or do you need bottomless for both?

Comment

The 18g VST fits the VBM group handle just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JohanL View Post
                Does the 18g VST fit a normal VBM portafilter or do you need bottomless for both?
                Yes it will as it's the size of a double, not a triple. Regular doubles are nominally rated at 14g but are dosed well in excess of that. A triple is normally circa 21g but may dose at up to 25g.

Comment

I see that you can also get the 20g VST - question is will this fit the normal portafilter on the VBM? If not I'll go for the 18g.

Comment

For the sake of 2g, I'd go for the 18g. I've no idea if the 20g would fit.

Comment

I have a triple that I got with my naked PF, it does not fit the VBM PF on my jnr.

Comment

Just saw this thread when looking for something else.

The 20g vst basket fits in my VBM portafilters.

Comment

Thanks although I got the 18g and it is doing a good job!

Comment

A bump to add some additional information for reference. Standard VBM portafilters will take up to a 20g ridgeless VST. 22g ridgeless VST won't fit. A bottomless Rancilio Silvia portafilter with the 22g VST fits nicely into my VBM grouphead with the handle stopping at 6 o'clock, same as the standard VBM portafilters. This is with a Cafelat 8mm E61 red silicone grouphead gasket installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rancilio Silvia V3 bottomless.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	749510

Rancilio Bottomless (Silvia V3 etc)
                            Last edited by CafeLotta; 2 February 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X