Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera PRESSOSTAT drain query

Hi All

I have just finished insulating the boiler in my Bezzera Domus Galetea.
    It was hard and I'm still wondering whether it was worth while, anyhow it involved complete disassembly and removal of the boiler.

It all went back together well and I took the chance to remove some calcium build up too.

Now while the machine works perfectly well I noticed that there is a very slow constant hiss coming from the pressure switch drain which leads to gurgling in the drain in the front tray.
    Normally there is only a gurgle when you start the machine and it begins to gain steam.

So I guess shame on me for fooling around and all that and I might be up for a new pressure switch/relay but does anyone have any advice?

So the drain from the pressure switch is there for ???

BTW the pressure gauge is reading fine and the pressure switch/relay seems to be working fine.

Probably some small flakes of scale lodged in the ludicrously tiny anti-vac valve. You'll probably just need to pull the pressure switch / safety valve / anti vac fitting off and disassemble the anti-vac side, clean out and reassemble.

Comment

So how has insulating the boiler changed the performance of the machine?

Cheers

Comment

Thank-you immensely

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
          So how has insulating the boiler changed the performance of the machine?

Cheers
          I haven't measured it yet. I was running 4kWh in 24hours over Oct last year.

I still want to put a removable Styrofoam cover over the group head and insulate the pipes to the group head. Then I'll let you know.

Here is a link to people in the US that did it. Theirs is a lot neater than mine
          More on boiler insulation - Espresso Machines • Home-Barista.com

Comment

Originally posted by jquin View Post
            I still want to put a removable Styrofoam cover over the group head and insulate the pipes to the group head
            Why? With all due respect that's not a great idea. Correct functioning of the thermosyphon requires heat to be lost in the group to ambient air, if you insulate the group and pipes it will overheat and the thermosyphon will be destabilised. It MIGHT work ok, but I'm not sure what the practical benefits would be.

Comment

I should also add that the anti vac contains TINY springs that go sproing. It's a weird design, disassemble with caution.

Comment

Oh it would only be put on the group head when the machine isn't required to more than provide boiling water on demand.
                I have gone through periods of leaving it on 24 hrs of the day. The cover would come off prior to making an extraction.

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
                  I should also add that the anti vac contains TINY springs that go sproing. It's a weird design, disassemble with caution.
                  Thankyou for that

Comment

Working...
                  X