Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 has a leak in boiler.

Hi
    Our beloved machine has sprung a leak. We bought it when they were first introduced and have been very happy with it. It makes about 3 cups per day so should think that would not be considered heavy usage. We always use bottled water and clean and maintain the machine regularly.
    Now we don't know which way to go, spend $450 to supply and install a new boiler or ditch it and get a new machine. I know it seems a no brainer to repair it but I am wondering if is it worth it as who knows what else may happen. Has anyone else had this problem or are we just very unlucky?

If we buy the newer model Breville BES920 will we be facing the same problem in another two and a half years. Probably asking how long machines should last is like asking how long is a piece of string but hopefully I can get some informed opinions from my fellow Snobs.

Originally posted by beezneez View Post
    Hi
    Our beloved machine has sprung a leak. We bought it when they were first introduced and have been very happy with it. It makes about 3 cups per day so should think that would not be considered heavy usage. We always use bottled water and clean and maintain the machine regularly.
    Now we don't know which way to go, spend $450 to supply and install a new boiler or ditch it and get a new machine. I know it seems a no brainer to repair it but I am wondering if is it worth it as who knows what else may happen. Has anyone else had this problem or are we just very unlucky?

If we buy the newer model Breville BES920 will we be facing the same problem in another two and a half years. Probably asking how long machines should last is like asking how long is a piece of string but hopefully I can get some informed opinions from my fellow Snobs.
    I would be questioning Breville customer service on having the machine repaired or replaced at no charge. Considering the warranty is 2 years, 2.5 years and a major failure is not acceptable.

The manual for the BES900 gives the impression that if used in a regular domestic situation and replacing the water filter cartridges every 2 months that the machine should not need to be serviced by the factory for 4 to 5 years.

I would argue that this in itself gives a reasonable expectation under Australian consumer law that the machine will not have a major failure rendering it useless for at least another 2 years after the warranty period finished under normal domestic use.

Comment

Thanks for your advice. I will phone them tomorrow and see what happens.
      Regards
      Gaye

Comment

Just a quick thank you very much to you Steve 82. I rang Breville and put my case and the lovely man (John) spoke to his manager and they agreed to pay for the parts and we pay the service charge. Apparently there is some other small part needed so they pay $400 and we pay $200 so that is much better for us. I am quite happy with the solution and the way Breville have handled it.
        Regards Gaye

Comment

That's awesome! Breville service is always desirable but the product..... that's why they have so many customers to keep buying their coffee appliances like Oracle and BES920. As for longevity, who knows. (Disclaimer: I'm a happy customer of BCG800)

Comment

Working...
          X