Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk based Coffee. Best grind setting

Hi everyone.
    I own a Jura 9 and only ever drink Fifi's Blend, Organic from Coffee Snobs. I drink a double shot flat white and have the Jura set at 2 of 3 re grind"
    Is finer or courser better for this bean type of blend milk based drinks?
    Hope that's not a "How long's a piece of string" type question.
    Thanks for any advice.

Ken

the grind should be the same for all drinks.
    Whatever setting produces 50-60ml of espresso in 25-30 seconds

While not familiar with the entire Jura lineup I assume it's a one-touch does everything machine (refrains from inserting personal opinion...)
    So I'd programme it to just pour a double espresso shot and see what it does.

Those machines measure the quantity of water passing through so you should always get a 60ml double
    But if the grind is too coarse it will probably pour too fast,
    And too fine will pour too long.
    Last edited by Robbks; 12 June 2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Is there anything you don't like about the current coffee your machine makes? The best way to find out is to try it yourself. It could be worth a try going a little finer with the grind. A slower pour should produce a stronger shot which might cut through milk better but might also add some bitterness. Why not try a different blend such as Espresso Wow or try the Tanzanian Machare Estate?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Robbks and Flynnaus for the informative replies.
        Yep, I suppose I should just try the grinds myself. I was just wondering what the general consensus is.
        Re trying other blends, I really enjoy Fiefy's blend so didn't want to stray. Nothing ventured nothing gained though eh.
        Thanks again folks and best wishes.

Ken

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
        Is there anything you don't like about the current coffee your machine makes? The best way to find out is to try it yourself. It could be worth a try going a little finer with the grind. A slower pour should produce a stronger shot which might cut through milk better but might also add some bitterness. Why not try a different blend such as Espresso Wow or try the Tanzanian Machare Estate?

Comment

Working...
        X