X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diadema Unica Splendour vs Bezzema BZ07 DE with PID

Hi,

Im looking at these machine.
    We drink mostly espresso or latte drinks.
    We will be moving up from a NS Oscar.
    Looking for peoples opinions in terms of ease of use and reliability. Any other suggestions in this range would be great.

Thanks
    Last edited by denwol; 4 July 2014, 01:32 PM.

I don't know anything about the other but I have a late model Splendor on the bench at home. Its somewhere between 18 months and 2 years old now, and its great.

The ease of use is as per any good semi commercial machine. In comparo to an Oscar, you will find it much easier to use even if only because of the extra weight it has over the Oscar. So even something simple like applying the group handle is easier, and you wont throw it off the end of the bench...

Reliability.....well in 18 months to 2 years of almost daily use there has been no problem. It has a small footprint (leaving room for a nice grinder) and I am quite partial to its looks.

The coffee it makes is excellent, the steam is good, I get good microfoam depending on the supply of milk. Put it another way...it performs really well.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks TOK,
      It does look the goods. Just tossing up between the two machines and there is not much to go by.
      The PID on the Bezzera looks to be more gimmicky than anything else, while the water tank sounds like it may be a pain to get to on the splendor. Perhaps you could comment on that TOK?

Dennis

Comment

I lift the lid and place on bench, and pour water in the top of the tank. Simple. I don't keep cups on top, but I do keep other paraphernalia up there, and I just lift the whole lot together. Easy.

I grab 2 cups from the cupboard, lock in the group handle, and warm the group handle and cups with group water, despite that it has a hot water tap, which I don't use much.

All good.

Comment

Originally posted by denwol View Post
          The PID on the Bezzera looks to be more gimmicky than anything else,
          Well it does at least allow you to see and easily adjust the temperature of the boiler...but yes , with the BZ07 having a separate thermostatically heated group head ,..PID control of the boiler is a little questionable from a process point of view.

Originally posted by denwol View Post
          the water tank sounds like it may be a pain to get to on the splendor. Perhaps you could comment on that TOK?
          Dennis
          There are ways to quickly and simply install a piped, mains fed, "auto fill" system, to most tank feed machines.

Comment

Working...
          X