La San Marco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La San Marco

Hello I recently purchased and rebuilt a la San Marco 85 16m one group machine. I really like the retro look of these machines and am happy with the end result, makes dam good coffee. It's a 1992 built machine and is solid. Has anyone else's had experience with these machines? Any input would be great. I will attempt to post some photos.
    Attached Files

I recently worked on a 1995 model 2 group version of this machine. It ran well, no major problems. It had been sitting unused for a year or so, mainly as several parts had stopped working and the previous owner hadn't bothered getting it fixed.
    The group solenoid coil had low resistance and was causing that circuits fuse to blow, vacuum breaker and pressure relief valve had both perished (easy and cheap generic replacement options) and both group seals had turned solid, needed some effort to get them out and they were like rocks. Both groups needed 0.8mm or so spacers installed for the group handles to lock in straight but this machine had seen use in a small cafe in it's earlier life.
    All parts available from Coffee Parts at good prices.

The machines are well built, easy to work on and easy to use, I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

Comment

Photos

Hello,
      I finally got around to posting some more photos. these are before and after but I am still having trouble uploading the resto photos. Click image for larger version

Name:	jason iphone 5 22 7 14 119.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	737584Click image for larger version

Name:	jason iphone 5 22 7 14 150.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	737585

Comment

Thanks Noidle22 for your input. I have found that it runs pretty hot, I have turned the pressure down to run between .8-1.0 bar but I still need to do a good 6-7 second cooling flush if its been sitting for any length of time.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jason iphone 5 22 7 14 189.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	737650and here she is on me bench ready to pull some shots

Comment

Great to see Jason...

May you delight in the wonder of many God Shots forthwith...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
            X