This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy a Rocket Giotto?

I'm in Sydney but willing to buy from anywhere (even international) for a good price on a new Rocket Giotto, as long as its 240v and not 110v. Any recommendations? also are there any good package deals, I also need a grinder to match, as well as the usual accessories.

Why don't you email the site sponsors using the Quote Form at the bottom of this page?

Comment

I think the OP may wish to use Google and purchase overseas as his post suggests that he's interested in price, not warranty, service nor aftersales support as offered by sponsors.

Eschelon, should you decide that you'd prefer an Australian specification machine, site sponsors Di Bartoli and Jetblack are your local sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
        I think the OP may wish to use Google and purchase overseas as his post suggests that he's interested in price, not warranty, service nor aftersales support as offered by sponsors.
        In all honesty I don't mind paying for something if it's worth it, and no-one considering buying a machine of this price point is interested in saving small money, but from what I gather the only benefit of buying local is 12 months parts warranty (which I'll probably get anyway from the overseas vendor) and maybe some free accessories, but for an additional thousand or more in cost.

Comment

No worries. Note that Australian machines have a local parts and labour warranty. Overseas machines will have a parts only warranty located in the country of purchase. Purchase from Slovenia and that's where warranty parts will be coming from- if they come. If it gets dropped or forked, they may send you a replacement chassis or panel. The stock will also not be Australian calibration/specification- Giotto AUS clearly visible on packaging.

We've done this all before so you can use search to find the relevant threads and educate yourself as to the risks. Grey import = you're on you own. Your choice

Comment

You might be lucky it makes it here in one piece, but after that if something goes wrong and you need to have it fixed or make a claim good luck. I think spending the money here in Australia not only helps keep the businesses here going but also if something goes wrong i could bet my left or right one the help would be far superior than dealing with someone over seas.

As Chris above said though, its your choice

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
              No worries. Note that Australian machines have a local parts and labour warranty. Overseas machines will have a parts only warranty located in the country of purchase. Purchase from Slovenia and that's where warranty parts will be coming from- if they come. If it gets dropped or forked, they may send you a replacement chassis or panel. The stock will also not be Australian calibration/specification- Giotto AUS clearly visible on packaging.

We've done this all before so you can use search to find the relevant threads and educate yourself as to the risks. Grey import = you're on you own. Your choice
              Thanks for your reply. You're right - there is value in being able to call an Australian company in my home city when things go wrong, but that value is quantifiable. I submitted a quote request as suggested by the other reply above. Lets see what figures I'll get - I'll factor in what I would value the risks and hassles associated with going grey import and decide what will be in my best interest.

The fact is Australians are sick of being shafted when it comes to paying for things - some things we cannot help but get shafted (e.g. services, perishable goods etc) but when it comes to commodities like iphones, cameras etc, or in this case a well-known coffee machine, Australian vendors will need to offer more competitive pricing, else customers will find import avenues. There's so much money that can be made in circumventing these silly artifically restricted supply channels that cause Australians to overpay for everything - imagine if there's a guy in Italy who will make a .com.au website to sell various models, educate consumers exactly what differences (if any) there are between the Italy / Australian models, what steps to initially mod / fix to make them equivalent (if necessary), sell the parts that consumers will need eventually, along with instructions on DIY, and as a last resort if local servicing is needed, a guide on where to find technicians who don't have a chip on their shoulder about grey imports and will charge something fair. That guy will make bank and rightfully so.

I'm sorry for the rant but the Australian pricing issue for everything really riles me up.

Comment

Oh my .......... here we go again!

Blaming Australian vendors for market forces way beyond their control.

Rather than have a rant at Aussie small business go get yourself a grey import and deal

with the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                  Oh my .......... here we go again!

Blaming Australian vendors for market forces way beyond their control.
                  Bad pricing is precisely due to imperfect market forces. Does this community have some sort of protectionist / anticompetitive agenda here or what?

Comment

Originally posted by echelon6 View Post
                    I submitted a quote request as suggested by the other reply above. Lets see what figures I'll get...
                    Sponsors have received your quote request- with a budget of $1-50. At least we have an idea of what you think is fair now.

Comment

Bad pricing is precisely due to imperfect market forces. Does this community have some sort of protectionist / anticompetitive agenda here or what?
                      I assume that you're earning an Australian wage and Australian wages tend to be substantially higher than the norm in the rest of the world. Your wage is a labour cost which is, in essence, a price. I guess your higher Aussie wage must also be an example of "bad pricing" so I guess this means that you would be willing to voluntarily take a substantial wage cut to address the "protectionist / anticompetitive agenda" we seem to enjoy downunder? If not, why not take some of that disposable income your relatively high Australian wage provides you and invest in a local enterprise, thus assisting and perpetuating the economy that puts those dollars in your pocket in the first place?

Comment

Not to do with protectionism (not from me anyway). Manufacturers segment their markets where they can to extract maximum surplus from each market, and voila, the landed price to an Aus wholesaler is higher than it is in Country X. We might not like it as consumers, but it's not necessarily innefficient. Then of course, the retail price has to cover the Australia cost of doing business, which is higher than most places. I have zero financial interest in the trade.

Comment

Guys I love that we are thinking about keeping work in OZ but if we are serious about keeping it in Australia then we would be seriously talking about the BOEMA and the OTTO (designed by an Australian not sure if still made in oz though) which are manufactured in Australia by Australians. Most other products we are talking about here is manufactured offshore. Just saying...

Comment

Fair nuff.....but I think the OP wants to buy a Rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by saoye View Post
                              Guys I love that we are thinking about keeping work in OZ but if we are serious about keeping it in Australia then we would be seriously talking about the BOEMA and the OTTO (designed by an Australian not sure if still made in oz though) which are manufactured in Australia by Australians. Most other products we are talking about here is manufactured offshore. Just saying...
                              It is true that most products are manufactured offshore but isn't it better to go through a local reseller and keep some of the money onshore, than to send all of it overseas?

Comment

Working...
                              X