Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Evo V2 or ECM Technika Profi ?

Hi all,
    Total newbie here. I need a proper coffee machine! I'm now a stay at home mum and don't get out for coffee like I used to. Our fully automatic DeLonghi thing isn't cutting it (it never did, was a wedding gift).

I really don't want to get technical with the machine, just want to be able to use it and make consistent cups of great coffee. From the couple of hours of reading I've done I'm down to 2 machines. We drink flat whites, would make anywhere between 20 - 35 cups a week, bench space isn't an issue and have a $5k budget for the whole setup (machine, grinder, accessories).

Which would you choose? The Evo or ECM?

Thanks
    Leanne

Hi Leanne and welcome to CS!

My choice........ the Rocket partnered with a Macap M4D grinder.

Comment

I own a Technika and love it. I'm also a little crazy, bought a Scace thermofilter and have seen just how stable the temps are out of the group. If you go the Technika make sure that whoever sells it to you sets it up with the pstat setting which gets you your preferred brew temp. Temperatures are so stable that you can't temp surf much like you can with other HX machines. This is great if your main concern is consistency. If you want to be able to work out a flush routine that allows you to produce varying brew temps then the Technika is not the machine for you.

Comment

Hello Larny and welcome.

To be honest, it's probably going to come down to looks as to which brand you end up with on the bench. It's not as if one is going to make better or worse coffee as that will be about you, your grinder and your coffee.

Your budget will allow for the Macap M4D grinder and like chokkidog, I class it as the aspirational grinder for home users. It's simply brilliant.

When it comes to machine, you have a choice of Rocket Evoluzione II or dual boiler R58 for that matter- although it may be overkill for your brief. I have no hands on experience with the ECM product, but expect you'd be happy with their machines as well. Our Izzo Alex Duetto III currently on special is also well within budget and punches way above its weight.

Happy shopping. We're only too happy to assist with consideration of some pros and cons if you think that will help.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

What are your thoughts on the Fiorenzato F4?

....and thank you so much for your advice.

Comment

Once again, I have no hands on with it.

It looks to be a Mazzer mini-e competitor. If it's similar, you're looking at circa 20 sec grind per double dose. The Macap knocks the mazzer mini-e (and super jolly-e) out of the park with a 10 sec double. They're a little cheaper than the Macap and a fair way cheaper than the Mazzer.

Comment

Hmmmm....... throwing the R58 AND the Alex III into the mix makes it a must

to go and meet these guys face to face!!

Comment

Hello,
                I would highly recommend the Rocket range. I have the Evoluzione and best decision ever made. I have paired that with a Mazzer Super Jolly Electric Doser. They go very nicely together

Comment

Originally posted by Larny View Post
                  What are your thoughts on the Fiorenzato F4?
                  Hi Leanne, where are you based ?
                  with your budget you must see and try before you commit .
                  grinder choice is as important as the espresso m/c.
                  With the class of machine you are considering, you should be looking to match it with a proven grinder . I don't know of anyone who has used the F4, possibly fine, but it's the smallest grinder in the Fiorenzato range.
                  There are much more suitable grinders, depending on your personal preferences.

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                    Hi Leanne, where are you based ?
                    with your budget you must see and try before you commit .
                    grinder choice is as important as the espresso m/c.
                    With the class of machine you are considering, you should be looking to match it with a proven grinder . I don't know of anyone who has used the F4, possibly fine, but it's the smallest grinder in the Fiorenzato range.
                    There are much more suitable grinders, depending on your personal preferences.
                    I'm based in Melbourne. I'm seriously considering the M4D or M7D. The M7D will be too tall on my bench to fill with beans because of the overhead cupboards. Does moving the grinder back and forth on the bench interfere with the settings? Could you use a easi slide like for Thermomixes? Products Handitile

Comment

Hi Leanne,

Looking back at your brief, the M7D would be overkill for you. I'm certain you would love the M4D and we could certainly assist with it and an EVO. We have the EVO on demo and the M4D is on the display bench. Drop me a line if you'd like to come and sample them.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Larny, I have the Evo 2 & M4D combo. Have no need to upgrade in the forseeable future. The limiting factor is my skill and the bean I put through it. Chris will give you honest advice. In the end you must make the call but be guided by those with the knowledge. I also considered a Kony or M7D................but why??? I'm happy for my coffee machinery to be admired but I don't want it to be the first thing that is noticed when you enter the room. Those conical grinders are HUGE...................

Steve

Comment

Hi Leanne. A year or so ago when I started my coffee journey apart from doing lots of reading here, I spoke at length with Chris at Talk Coffee without me giving him any expectations about what or where I would end up buying my setup. My suggestion is, as you are in Melbourne, call Chris. His committment to all things coffee goes way beyond his need to earn a living and my experience is that I came away from those conversations fully informed and confident and comfortable in where I wa going. Chris offers highly informed advice for free. My view is you will not regret calling him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mono View Post
                            . Those conical grinders are HUGE...................
                            Steve
                            Larny, the above is fact ! It is important to see this kit face to face before you decide .!

Comment

Have you considered the Profitec Pro 700?

Comment

Working...
                              X