Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simonellli MAC 2000V - Temporary setup

Looking for some advice

We've recently purchased a refurbished Simonelli MAC 2000V (2 Group) for use in a community centre that i'm involved in setting up here in Auckland. We hadn't intended to purchase it before the fitout of the building was completed (another few months away), but we were able to purchase this one at a great price.

Would be interested to hear thoughts on:

a) whether it's worth setting it up temporarily, to keep it in use (rather than have it sit around unused).
    b) whether it's OK to run it off a water tank for now (as opposed to a pressurised water supply, which we will ultimately do). If we do this, I imagine i'd need to at least put a one-way valve on the water hose to stop the pump emptying?

thanks in advance!

Yes

Originally posted by mvanwijk View Post
    Looking for some advice

We've recently purchased a refurbished Simonelli MAC 2000V (2 Group) for use in a community centre that i'm involved in setting up here in Auckland. We hadn't intended to purchase it before the fitout of the building was completed (another few months away), but we were able to purchase this one at a great price.

Would be interested to hear thoughts on:

a) whether it's worth setting it up temporarily, to keep it in use (rather than have it sit around unused).
    b) whether it's OK to run it off a water tank for now (as opposed to a pressurised water supply, which we will ultimately do). If we do this, I imagine i'd need to at least put a one-way valve on the water hose to stop the pump emptying?

thanks in advance!
    The good thing about this machine is that the boiler can be emptied manually, so if you'd like to place it in storage, just check out the manual online. Remember to manually fill the boiler before you turn the machine on though, for this you will need pressure in the line.

This machine has a rotary motor and although you will be able to use it just fine with a tank, it is recommended that you attach a booster pump to achieve at least 1 bar of pressure.

One way valves are highly recommended with tanks.

A booster pump with a one way valve would suit this system very well, but since you're only using it with a tank temporarily, just a one way valve is recommended.

All the best,
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by SamTonin View Post
      The good thing about this machine is that the boiler can be emptied manually, so if you'd like to place it in storage, just check out the manual online. Remember to manually fill the boiler before you turn the machine on though, for this you will need pressure in the line.

This machine has a rotary motor and although you will be able to use it just fine with a tank, it is recommended that you attach a booster pump to achieve at least 1 bar of pressure.

One way valves are highly recommended with tanks.

A booster pump with a one way valve would suit this system very well, but since you're only using it with a tank temporarily, just a one way valve is recommended.

All the best,
      Sam
      Thanks Sam - appreciate the advice

Mark

Comment

I've never had a problem using a tank on a rotary pump. They are able to pull water up something like 9 feet without a problem so they are more than capable of running without mains pressure.
        The only thing you won't get is mains pressure preinfusion but seeing as this machine has solenoid operated groups, there is no preinfusion to worry about. Unless the control board has a preinfusion function, someone who knows this machine better will be able to confirm if it has this or not.

Check valves are required if the pump will be sitting below the level of the water supply. If it sits on the same level or higher, it won't drain out. It would be best to install one anyway just to be safe.

Comment

The Faema E98 compact A1 has a tank with rotary pump. The tank is just above the pump. I didn't locate any check valves in the setup.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X