Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam valve / pressure question

Hi,
    i have a Diadema jnr semi auto machine that's about 2 years old now and was serviced 6 months ago.

Lately I'm having to turn the steam "knob" quite a bit further around than I used to to get the steam pressure needed for the milk.

Any ideas on what this might mean?

Thanks.

do you purge the steam wand properly after each jug to prevent dirty milk, etc being sucked back into the tap/ wand?

Comment

Assuming the valve isn't block, I'd request that your tech pull it down and refurbish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbks View Post
        do you purge the steam wand properly after each jug to prevent dirty milk, etc being sucked back into the tap/ wand?
        Hi, yes I definitely purge after each use.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          Assuming the valve isn't block, I'd request that your tech pull it down and refurbish it.
          Ok thanks. So you agree that there is a problem.

I didn't really like the company that did the service, can you recommend anyone in Perth?

Comment

Anyone know if the steam knob is adjustable? Can I remove it and "tighten" up the slack?

Comment

Having a look at some pics of a Diadema Jnr online, the taps look like the very common type found on a wide range of commercial machines, including ECM/San Remo/Faema/BFC/Expobar and even La Marzocco Linea.
              They can be shimmed to remove freeplay either by adding shimming washers behind the split pin under the knob cap, or if there are 2 mounting nuts on the tap (one inside the panel the tap is mounted on and one outside) by using the inside nut to adjust the tap position to take up the freeplay and the outer nut to fasten it in place.
              Adjusting/shimming out the freeplay doesn't seem to be something a lot of techs do, as a lot of the machines I see look like the taps have just been rebuilt then refitted as is without any attempt to adjust the tap position or shim out the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by MorganGT View Post
                Having a look at some pics of a Diadema Jnr online, the taps look like the very common type found on a wide range of commercial machines, including ECM/San Remo/Faema/BFC/Expobar and even La Marzocco Linea.
                They can be shimmed to remove freeplay either by adding shimming washers behind the split pin under the knob cap, or if there are 2 mounting nuts on the tap (one inside the panel the tap is mounted on and one outside) by using the inside nut to adjust the tap position to take up the freeplay and the outer nut to fasten it in place.
                Adjusting/shimming out the freeplay doesn't seem to be something a lot of techs do, as a lot of the machines I see look like the taps have just been rebuilt then refitted as is without any attempt to adjust the tap position or shim out the slack.
                Thanks MorganGT, the machine is not even 2 yrs old yet. How often would you think the tap would need rebuilding?

Thanks for the info about shimming washers, I will try this first.

Comment

Working...
                X