Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pressure for Best Extraction?

Hi all,

I am a rank newbie to quality coffee machines.

I have just taken delivery of an Exobar Office EB61 machine - double boiler. I have a Compak K3 grinder.

The instructions with the Exobar are truly pathetic, but I think I have most of it worked out.

My concern is what pressure I should be getting to optimise extraction. Obviously I make the grind finer to increase the extraction pressure.

So far I am only extracting at about 5 bars and this gives a pleasant but gutless brew.

I guess it's a matter of experimenting until I get what I want from the machine, but some guidelines from the cognoscenti on this forum would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.

What beans are you using?

Comment

From Zest coffee in Berwick Victoria.

Comment

Is it fresh roasted within the last 2 weeks?

Fresh coffee at the right grind from K3 and your machine should be extracting around 8.5 to 9.5 bar.

Try grinding a lot finer

Comment

Originally posted by Steve82 View Post
          Is it fresh roasted within the last 2 weeks?

Fresh coffee at the right grind from K3 and your machine should be extracting around 8.5 to 9.5 bar.

Try grinding a lot finer
          Thanks Steve,

I live near Zest in Berwick and buy the beans fresh roasted directly from them. So yes, roasted in last 2 weeks.

Will try the finer grind and will post back.

Comment

Finer grind and careful attention to dosing and now extracting nicely - thanks.

Comment

Work on grind, dose and tamp correctly (search it here on CS) and you won't look back! Enjoy the journey of discovery!!

Comment

Working...
              X