Rocket Nes.....o pod combo machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Nes.....o pod combo machine

Hey guys saw briefly on the internet the other day someone had a Rocket and had a Portafilter that you could put a pod from Nes.......o into and make coffee that way.
    Here's my question why on earth would u take an awesome machine like this are wreck it by using pods to make coffee?!!!!
    Also how would they make it in regards to no pins to punch the pod to allow the coffee out.

Has anyone else seen this?

It's not to going to 'wreck' the machine.

People might use a pod adapter to run a decaf, to satisfy the mother in law or they lost a competition

and got a years supply.

Some cafes use pod adapters to run decaf.

Comment

It's not to going to 'wreck' the machine.

chokkidog,
      Correct me if I'm in error, the term "capsule" refers to those ugly plastic/aluminium containers some dubious companies sell as quick coffee serves where as "Pods" or more correctly "ESE coffee pods" (easy serve espresso) are the little 7 or 14gm compressed (tamped) bags of real true blue coffee marketed by renown coffee producers around the world.
      I see these as a good initiative by coffee marketing as that "first step" to offer a vastly better coffee experience ,quick and easy say's it all.
      Most users are influenced by the ease and potentially they may move from the dark to a burgeoning world of real coffee excellence ,though not as quickly as I think they should!!
      Anyway, all 51mm and 58mm group handles have ese adapters available,just difficult to source in Australia.
      The other bug bear for me is the "closed shop" attitude of retailers who (possibly prevented by suppliers) don't stock pods and "know nothing about them".....!
      I'm trying to do my bit to assist a attitude change or at least a moment of reflection by these poor afflicted capsule users.
      Cheers
      Mick

Originally posted by mmmcoffee View Post
      Hey guys saw briefly on the internet the other day someone had a Rocket and had a Portafilter that you could put a pod from Nes.......o into and make coffee that way.
      Here's my question why on earth would u take an awesome machine like this are wreck it by using pods to make coffee?!!!!
      Also how would they make it in regards to no pins to punch the pod to allow the coffee out.

Has anyone else seen this?

Comment

Pods, capsules.......... it's a bit like asking what type the garbage bags are. .........

It doesn't matter 'cos rubbish is rubbish.

https://www.google.com.au/search?cli...DsmN8QeL1oHICg

Sorry, Mick but it's not an area of coffee (so called) that I would waste any more time on than this.

Perhaps someone else, also devoting their life to the promotion of low quality coffee and high amounts of waste, might chip in. ;-)

Comment

Fine if you want to use pods, but why on earth would you spend almost $3000 such a quality coffee machine to them run pods/captuals through them! Seems like an overkill for a pod machine:

Comment

Certainly a fast growing market here and as demand increases I am sure there will be an attitude change from many of the coffee professionals when they see the dollars to be made. You can get your roasts contract packed to pods already.
            Nespresso has the major market share but with only 5 grams of product (sort of coffee) and a portion of that is thickening agents, it isn't hard to produce a better product.
            One of our sponsors has done a lot of development in this pod/capsule area and has developed roast profiles to get the most out of this brewing process. Single origins are very hard to use this way as in general there is only 7 grams of coffee, so well developed blends offer the best taste in the cup solution.
            As said in an earlier post many see it as a stepping stone to better things? instant maybe? But why you would have top end equipment using adapters to use pods seems a little absurd to me, a lot cheaper options in pod machines to get the same result.

Chester

Comment

There are 3 totally different Nespresso systems.
              the 7 gm domestic pods
              the commercial "flat" pod system
              the larger Vertuio pod system (up to 15gms pods)

....but they all taste crap !

Comment

The ESE style pods are obviously not particularly new. I had an ese pod machine over 10 years years ago. (The Illy ones at least have been available for longer than that). Very convenient, but most of the time you are drinking stale coffee. However a good entry point into a coffee continual improvement plan, which can lead to better things.

GrahamK

Comment

"However a good entry point into a coffee continual improvement plan, which can lead to better things."

What like Blend43 lol.

I didn't realise they have been around for so long

Comment

I don't personally get it.....can't see how a pod machine is a step up relative to a plunger, Moka pot or aeropress with freshly ground beans, or how it would beat these options in terms of leading to 'better things'. I guess they might be more likely to make a user wonder "'What is going on in this 'espresso' process? How come it doesn't taste quite like the coffee in my local cafe?"

Comment

Working...
                    X