Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFC Diadema Junior Plus no longer heating

Hello all,

I'm after a little bit of guidance if I may...

My ever so faithful BFC Junior just said "enough's enough" and decided to stop heating up today.

Tonight, I was just preparing my last coffee for the day and I noticed boiler pressure gauge was falling, and the heating light was not coming on.

I turned the machine off and back on again, the heat light comes on for a split second, then off again - no pressure is building, water is not heating. No steam or hot water as expected.

Don't know if it's related, but over the last few months I noticed the machine had developed a faint 'buzz' when the heating element was on, and it would go quiet again when it was up to pressure.

My local repair mob is only open Wed and Thur, so I've missed the boat for early diagnosis which is a shame, have to dust off the back-up machine

Anyhow, does anyone have any hint of what the problem is likely to be? Element? Pressurestat?
    And are their any site sponsors that are in Melbourne's south-east or Mornington Peninsula that can service BFC?

Cheers,
    Pete

Hi there.

Cant guess at stuff like that, you have to be able to have the machine sitting in front of you on the bench and run some tests.

If you are up for the drive there are two site sponsors in Melb area that can service your machine:
    Talk Coffee and
    Coffee Machinist.

Both excellent techies.

After that, anyone that services commercial espresso machines can work on your Junior, but for your convenience you are better off working with people that are likely to have spares in stock so there is less time spent waiting before the job can be completed.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TOK View Post
      Hi there.

Cant guess at stuff like that, you have to be able to have the machine sitting in front of you on the bench and run some tests.

If you are up for the drive there are two site sponsors in Melb area that can service your machine:
      Talk Coffee and
      Coffee Machinist.

Both excellent techies.

After that, anyone that services commercial espresso machines can work on your Junior, but for your convenience you are better off working with people that are likely to have spares in stock so there is less time spent waiting before the job can be completed.

Good luck.
      Thanks for the tips - I'll see Chris @ Talk Coffee, he's kindly offered to inspect tomorrow morning. Road trip!

Comment

Egg-sellent result. It doesn't get any better than that !

Comment

Any news on your Jnr?? What was the diagnosis??

Comment

Yes- all fixed. It was the element relay associated with the pressurestat on this model. The fix is a new pressurestat and slight alteration to wiring. 30 min job including testing for Phil (with his eyes closed )

Comment

Great work Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmcoffee View Post
                Any news on your Jnr?? What was the diagnosis??
                Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                Yes- all fixed. It was the element relay associated with the pressurestat on this model. The fix is a new pressurestat and slight alteration to wiring. 30 min job including testing for Phil (with his eyes closed )
                Chris, thank you again - absolutely thrilled with your level of service.

Jnr is back better than ever, the faint 'buzzing' noise has gone (so perhaps it was related).
                Phil also set the pressurestat to around 1.25 which I am much happier with - previously it was 1.15 and I always wondered if it was on the cooler side of ideal.

(PS. Loving the new SJ-E too - it's a beauty!)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                  Chris may I ask was the new pressurestat replaced with the original model ie. Mater XP700 or some other option ? Can you elaborate on the "slight alteration to wiring".
                  As I too have previously had the relay fail and chose the by-pass option to get the machine up and running again.

BTW would you care to comment on my current BFC problem that I'm nutting thru.... possibly with a pressurestat solution

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...semi-auto.html

Cheers
                  Greg

Comment

Working...
                  X