Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting Unico Splendor

Hi All,
    Just purchased a second hand Unico Splendor for the office. Seemed like a good deal at the time - however- when I turn it on the pump starts and just keeps on pumpin'. It seems to be pumping water straight back into the reservoir. Is there something simple I am overlooking? Maybe something from the machine being stored or transported? Or is this job for an expert? The machine otherwise looks in overall good condition. I haven't contacted the seller yet - still hoping it's something simple.
    I think I may have read something about this issue recently but of course I wasn't able to find the discussion. Cheer, Daniel

Did you see it working before purchasing?

Sounds like an OPV problem.

Comment

I didn't see it working before buying. The machine was dropped off at my home - I didn't get a chance to try it out until the next day. I actually don't know any history of the machine at all. If it's not something simple - just like to arm myself with some info on what's possibly wrong before contacting the seller. Cheers, Daniel

Comment

Agreed with TG, will likely be easily rectified. As the machine is somewhat of an unknown, it would be prudent to have a tech look at it, service anything that needs doing and then give it a clean bill of health. We're not able to take on any more work this week, but I'd highly recommend Rick Bond The Coffee Machinist who does superb work.

Comment

Thanks guys, will send it in for a servicing. Any recommendations for the Eastern side of Melbs? Mt Waverley to Knox area? Cheers, Daniel

Comment

I can only repeat Chris' recommendation and advise you to contact Rick @ Coffee Machinist.

Good machine techs are thin on the ground in most places ..... but not at Northcote!

Comment

Dropped the machine off to Rick today. Fingers crossed it's nothing too expensive!

Comment

Picked up the Unico Splendor today from Rick. The machine was in overall pretty good condition. He did a full servicing changed a few seals and pressurestat - . The main culprit that was keeping the pump running was the group microswitch - so I'm lucky it was just an $18 part that was broken and I still got a bargain!!! Thanks for your recommendation.

Comment

Good outcome Daniel, well done.

Comment

Working...
                  X