Bezzera main switch knob info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bezzera main switch knob info

The main switch knob in my Bezzera Domus Galatea is a bit wobbly on the shaft. It has a flat metal "spring" inside but I am not sure if a piece is missing / snapped off. I have tried various orientations but can't get it to sit tightly on the shaft. Can someone please let me know how theirs compares to the photo below?

Cheers
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1410163957.125832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	756653

Mine looks exactly the same as yours, when I replace it there is a loud click as it locks into place, once all the way home there is a bit of play, nothing that concerns me though.

Comment

That's a standard sort of knob, commonly found on commercial kitchen equipment. Sometimes you can remove the metal tab and bend it a little bit to make a sharper angle. Resultingly it should grip onto the switch shaft a bit tighter.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes it seems normal, but maybe my spring was broken previously. The knob has no real purchase on the shaft, no real way of bending it to make it more grippy. Below is a pic of the spring, mainly flat with one edge bent perpendicular, less than one mm.

Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1410172085.823441.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	737759

Comment

Is the whole tab curved? If so, just try to make the whole thing a bit more curved rather than just the small piece at the end. As long as it fits back in the slot it should work fine.

I remember now, I repaired some Roband deep fryers a few days ago and the knob falling off was something I noticed so I just bent the tab, put it back in and it sat much tighter on the shaft.

Comment

Will give it a go but there is not much to play with. It sits very loosely in the knob, maybe a piece has snapped off before?

Might go raid the BBQ!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
              Will give it a go but there is not much to play with. It sits very loosely in the knob, maybe a piece has snapped off before?

Might go raid the BBQ!!

Cheers
              Hi artman,

It looks the same on mine also. As Yelta pointed out, there is play on it and I would say that is normal. Unless you are talking some serious wobble action?

Comment

It looks the same as mine too - very little play when positioned and I don't get the click into place that Yelta does.

Comment

I tried the spring from the BBQ but it was too long. Bent the current spring and it now stays on (would previously fall off with a tap), still same play but huge improvement.

Might see if I can get a solid knob with a grub screw to make it feel nice as the switch action itself feels very positive.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X