Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have GAS?

Hi All,

I started my coffee journey on this site a few years ago when I used it to check reviews for the Breville BES900. Recently it broke when it would no longer reach the right pressure. I had it under one of those care plan things so I was given the chance to get store credit for the purchase price.

I love roasting, drinking and extracting coffee and tasting the subtle nuances of each changed variable.

Now that the thought of buying another coffee machine has arisen I started to look around for something else. After a lot of research I feel like the Vibiemme Domobar Junior will satisfy my requirements nicely.

My question is, should I go through the trouble of buying the BES920 only to sell it and then buy the Domobar Jnr? Is there a big advantage in doing so? Or do I just keep the BES920?

Cheers!
    Johnno

Hi Johnno,

I have no experience of the BES920, but if you search in the forums I think there is quite a lot of mention of the Breville dual boiler system(s).

I did recently (2 weeks ago) get the Domobar Junior. Absolutely wonderful machine in every way so far. I did consider some models such as the Breville but in the end decided that the extra several hundred was worth it for a very much respected machine which will likely outlast several generations of the other systems! I don't regret the decision at all so far, and don't expect to. Anyway, check out the site sponsors and see if you are close to one that sells machines - they often have demo systems setup for you to experience in store.

Gavin

Comment

Thanks Gavin, I only recently started using the BES900 for about 2 coffees a day so it hadn't had much use. I'd prefer to get something that with proper maintenance will last longer then ~2.5 years before it needs replacement parts.

Comment

Morning Johnno, with a little owner TLC most of the premium Italian machines will still be giving good service long after an appliance has become landfill.

Comment

Hello and welcome Johnno,

My BES900 is over three years old, working like new and is nowhere near landfill.

The Vibiemme Domobar Junior looks to be a good machine. It would want to be as it sells for close to double the price of the Breville BES920.

O rings are easily fixed on the BES900 and I don’t think they fail on the BES920.

Use what machine you will be happy with and enjoy your coffee. I do.

Barry
          Last edited by Barry_Duncan; 16 September 2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Go any E61 machine and you'll NEVER regret owning it.

With practice your espresso experience will lift to another level...... providing the grinder and operator is up to it.

Comment

Hotshod, That will be 1% debatable and 99% true,

Just my two cents ..

Comment

Working...
              X