Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cremina steam wand mod

Hi All

Managed to get my hands on a second hand Breville Ikon BES400 as i was told the heating element is a good spare for the cremina.*
    (Cremina 240V heating elements hard impossible to find on the older model cremina's in Australia)

Anyway in taking it apart i pretty much threw away everything from the Ikon except the steam wand as i thought i might try and retrofit it onto the Cremina.

Well i can say that the adjustable steam wand on the Ikon does a MUCH better job on the cremina than the original wand.*

The one from the Ikon is a two hole tipped wand with an adjustable swivel. It produced great microfoam. Takes a bit longer than the original to steam but well worth the wait time.*

I had to buy a reducing bushing to fit the wand onto the existing steam assembly.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411520715928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	756718Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411520757788.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	756719Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411520769637.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	756720Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411520787708.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	756721

For those that want to know the thread on the steam assembly its a 1/4 BSP.*
    The wand itself is a M18 1.5 thread.*

The Bushing cost me $15 off the bay.

The Ikon machine cost me $20 off the bay as well.

If you manage to get yourself an Ikon for cheap its well worth the mod.

Here are some picks of the parts.

Hello noddyc43,

Thanks. I will start to look for a dead Ikon machine for parts salvage to mod my Cremina.

Comment

FYI I heard you can also use the heating element from the ikon for the Cremina as well. Was told that by a fellow Aussie from another coffee forum

Comment

Working...
      X