Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious is this hotwater pipe bent and is it fixable or replacable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious is this hotwater pipe bent and is it fixable or replacable??

Bought this a little while ago...

Just curious though....is this hot water pipe bent? are they replaceable??! I surely hope so...

removable and straightened by an engineering workshop advisable??

I haven't used this machine yet, will soon next week, as I'm attending a short home Barsita course and they are willing to help me on this too

Oh the top plastic piece broke! grrr stupid neighbour - I told him to slow down to let me help as 2 person, but darn he got cocky and lifted it ...I wasn't impressed, now I have 2(or 3) choices, glue it together (which kind of glue is best?) , buy another (Giotto are same size - or obtainable?) or have none.

Grummer

I'm not a "tech"--warning!

It sure should be replaceable. Check espresso parts to see if it's in stock. Why would you want it replaced? Doesn't it work?
    Most of the long wands are somewhat (stainless) to very (copper, chromed) flexible, and nearly all are curved. If it's just a bit out of the right place, try a gentle push.

IMO plastic pieces don't belong on shiny stainless machines. I'd rather do without.

Different glues work for different plastics and not at all for others. Unless the piece is "weldable" most plastic glues are not very strong and often the join is unsightly.

Good luck.

Greg

Comment

Replaceable yes- but what you're looking at looks to me to be standard on the machine. They are not supposed to be straight.

The giotto is a smaller machine so the cup guard will be too small.

Comment

KnjV chaw-5?😢😂😭

Comment

Originally posted by stephen28 View Post
          KnjV chaw-5?������
          Clear as mud. ;-)

Comment

Hi, thanks for replies. OK, I'd forget the plastic...hmm agree it doesn't go that well with shiny stainless machines. It's meant to be in excellent condition, (and it is), I will be starting it up soon in the next couple days or so. I have been cleaning out the portafilter with baking sofa (in side where i removed the basket) to rid crud and all...1hr on each of water/baking soda fizzing away...i blocked the hole with a small cut out of old towel rag and a screw head slightly smaller than hole to 'plug it' to let soda water do the cleaning...
            hope I'm doing it right...will raise well and dry prior to returning the basket in place.
            As for the hot water pipe, I guess i wouldn't worry about it.
            Thanks again all.

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
              Clear as mud. ;-)
              Thought I missed something because of my advancing years CD, you've made me feel a whole lot better.
              Last edited by Yelta; 1 October 2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Grummer,
                I've done extensive research on cleaning coffee grunge--soda, dishwash detergent, dishwasher detergent, orange degreaser--and nothing, but nothing works better than espresso coffee machine cleaner!
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregWormald View Post
                  Hi Grummer,
                  I've done extensive research on cleaning coffee grunge--soda, dishwash detergent, dishwasher detergent, orange degreaser--and nothing, but nothing works better than espresso coffee machine cleaner!
                  Greg
                  Hi Greg,
                  Hmm, please do tell me, what's it called, I mean are they specific brands I should be after?
                  The soda did work...(done it three times in a row, take ages),...better than it was before but still quite caramel-brown all over...so I guess that's where you're coming from

an espresso coffee machine cleaner is not the same as a descaler, or backflushing powder right?

Grum

Comment

Originally posted by Grummer View Post
                    Hi Greg,
                    Hmm, please do tell me, what's it called, I mean are they specific brands I should be after?
                    The soda did work...(done it three times in a row, take ages),...better than it was before but still quite caramel-brown all over...so I guess that's where you're coming from

an espresso coffee machine cleaner is not the same as a descaler, or backflushing powder right?

Grum
                    Morning Grum,

I use Cafetto products from Coffee Parts Barista Accessories Cafetto Coffee Machine and Grinder Cleaning Products | Coffee Parts EVO for backflushing and Restore for descaling, been using these products for years and found them to be very satisfactory.

To clean the portafilter I simply soak it in a solution of EVO for a while, if it has a heavy build up of grot you may have to resort to a scourer to get it shiny clean, after that a regular soak in EVO will do the job.

Comment

I have two versions--Cafetto Evo (which is organic) and Clean Machine. Both can be used for general cleaning and are labelled as "machine cleaner".
                      My machine doesn't get a back flush 'cause it doesn't have the valve that needs flushing! It's a real lever machine. Both bottles have instructions for using as a back flush detergent.

I doubt the brand is important, but being made specifically for dissolving coffee oils/residue certainly seems to be. I've had grunge that nothing else would move, and quick soak and then scrub brush with Clean Machine brought the parts to clean and shiny immediately.

Have fun! (although it's hard for me to find cleaning as fun)

Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X